toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Its Halloweek, and you know what that means…. Quite literally everything is Halloween themed! Yay! So, here are some spook-tacular drinks that you can try for your Halloween Parties. 

PS. they’re super simple and easy to make!

“Hallowine” Sangria

Ingredients:

¼ cup sugar

2 bottles cabernet sauvignon

1 cup of orange juice

¼ cup orange liqueur (ie Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)

24 oz. club soda, chilled

2 oranges, thinly sliced

1 cup fresh blackberries

Instructions:

Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.

Combine the sugar mixture, red wine, orange juice, and liqueur in a large container; cover and chill for 4 hours. Stir in club soda, oranges, and blackberries just before serving. Serve over ice.

Bloody Shirley Temples

Ingredients:

Sprite

Ice

Grenadine

Syringe (for ~spooky~ effects)

Instructions:

Pour sprite over ice, wait until it stops fizzing. Squirt Grenadine in for a fun taste and look.

Poisoned Apple Cider Cocktail

Ingredients:

4 oz apple cider

1 1/2 oz spiced rum

1 1/2 oz pomegranate juice

3/4 oz grenadine

scant 1/4 tsp edible luster dust (I used a gold color, but silver is also beautiful)

Instructions:

Add ice to cocktail shaker, add ingredients, cover and shake. Strain into a glass and serve.

These are all such neat ~spooky~ drinks, and I hope you all love them for your Halloween Parties or just at home with the roomies!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!