This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Ok, so unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve prob heard that the Jonas Brothers are BACK and are releasing a single tonight. Well… Let me tell you, I have some THOUGHTS OK.

October 29th, 2013 was the year that my 14 year old self experienced heartbreak and my melodramatic teenage self thought the world was truly ending. Yes, that’s right, that’s the official date the Jonas Brothers broke up.

People, especially teenage girls, lost their minds. Tears were shed, protests happened, and we were all left with one question… WILL THEY EVER GET BACK TOGETHER??? I mean… they’re brothers so by nature they kinda will always be together BUT WOULD THEY EVER CREATE ABSOLUTE BANGERS SUCH AS BURNIN’ UP EVER AGAIN!????!??!?!??!?

Now, I am 20 years old and cannot believe I am witnessing the comeback of THE Jonas Brothers. Nick, Joe, and Kevin are back with a new single, “SUCKER” which drops tonight, at midnight. Am I mentally prepared for this?? NO. Will I still listen to it? YES. Will I cry? YES. BUT THAT’S NOT THE POINT HERE.

The point here is the fact that after what seemed like an endless hiatus, the heartthrobs of our teenage years and now our adult years, announced that they are back and ready to start making music again. TOGETHER. Sure, we enjoyed the solo careers of Nick and Joe and whatever Kevin was doing but let’s be real… It was NEVER the same.

(Remember that time Joe tried being in another band and they made a song about cake (not really) but like??? What was that???)

Now, I do have some theories, questions?? … How will this play out? Will we actually get a tour?? Why is Kevin wearing orange?????!?!?!?!??

Dropping an album in 2019, right after Nick’s wedding and Joe’s engagement could only mean THIS HAS BEEN IN THE WORKS FOR MONTHS. I mean come on, if you’ve ever planned a wedding or been near someone planning a wedding, you know how crazy it can be… let alone planning TWO. Thanks for the effort Nick, we stan. Joe announcing his engagement?? Now he has to PLAN a wedding. What is Kevin doing anyways?? Is he bored now and wants back in?? Is he going through a midlife crisis?? IDK BUT EITHER WAY LOVE U KEV.

Is Nick the new frontman for the band??

This is JUST A THEORY but, the only picture we have released for the single has Nick front and center looking like an absolute SNACK. Joe is on the left just kinda chillin with his hair back in his face like in the old days (sigh.) Then finally, we have Kevin looking to the left wearing what appears to be a mess.

What in the WORLD is Kevin wearing?? This neon orange outfit is probably one of the ugliest pieces of clothing I’ve seen in my entire life and don’t understand but somehow my love for these boys allows me to overlook this monstrosity.

I honestly don’t know where I was going with this article but I needed to share my feelings, thoughts, and excitement with the world so enjoy these pictures of fetus Jonas Brothers.

I will keep y’all updated.

HCXO,

Grey

@gracesmithrojas → insta

@gracesmithg → twitter

Grace Smith

CU Boulder '20

Grace currently serves as the Her Campus CU Boulder Chapter President. She is honored to lead a team of 50+ badass women who are passionate about creating personable content. When she is not at chapter meetings, you will find Grace with a coffee cup in one hand and her laptop in the other working on articles, running her business, or talking to her mom. Grace is a senior graduating with a BA in History with an emphasis on Medieval Studies. Her research focuses on medieval witchcraft.
Sko Buffs!