This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

So the Oscars were Sunday night, and I know we all love the Red Carpet. These were some of the best and most iconic looks from the Oscars 2019.

1. Emilia Clarke wearing Balmain

Photo // Daily Express

This is a custom dress from the French luxury fashion company, Balmain featuring stunning color and detail.

2. Stephan James in Etro

Photo // E! News

Etro, an Italian fashion company custom made Jame’s suit for his red carpet look. This red velvet three-piece tuxedo was an eyecatcher for sure.

3. Jennifer Hudson in Elie Saab

Photo // Eonline

Jennifer Hudson wearing this dress from the Ellie Saab spring 2019 collection slayed the red carpet.

4. Chadwick Boseman with Givenchy Haute Couture

Photo // Footwear News

Chadwick Boseman was serving looks on the red carpet in this embellished blazer. This was definitely the year for good looking, well-dressed men on the carpet.

5. Billy Porter wearing Christian Siriano

Photo // WWD

This was the showstopper of the night. Billy Porter wore this velvet tuxedo gown by Christian Siriano, custom made. This was a statement to redefine gender norms and he certainly did.

6. Emma Stone in Louis Vuitton

Photo // Popsugar

Louis Vuitton stunned the runway with this gown, custom made for Emma Stone at the Oscars this year. The detailing includes diamonds, pearls, and sequins.

7. Regina King in Oscar de la Renta

Photo // E! News

Oscar de la Renta is a Dominican fashion designer whose legacy lives on through the fashion the company creates in his name. This elegant gown was one of the most remarkable pieces out there. The trail and the high thigh slit were just two of the showstopping features.

8. Maria de Tavira in J Mendel

Photo // Daily Express

This chiffon haute couture gown by J Mendel was a fascinating new look to come down. The detailing is so rich the dress simply pops. This is definitely one to remember.

These were some of the best looks out there last night, showcasing a variety of designers, styles, colors, and trends. The men of the red carpet surely set a new standard for years to come. And the gowns were as gorgeous as ever.

Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Sko Buffs!