Sick Halloween Costume Ideas Because It’s Never Too Early To Start Planning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

To sum up how I’m feeling about Halloween this year: inspired, pumpkin-y, and a lil’ ticked off. I’m sick of the same old thing. Football jersey over short-shorts? Cute, but come on, we’ve all been rocking that look since the sixth grade. Kick it up a notch and put yourself out there so you can really stand out at Alpha Pumpkin Pie’s annual apple-bobbing rager or whatever.

Lizzie McGuire

Everyone’s Cher from Clueless, but no one’s Lizzie, and I’m pissed. Level-up? Gordo. He deserves love, too.

Dead Taylor Swift

Sorry, she can’t come to the phone right now.

Jerry from Rick and Morty

Undisputed best character, for sure.

In all seriousness, Pickle Rick. Or Pickle whatever-your-name-is.

Consider this costume an ode to the best episode of television to ever air.

Selena Gomez from her Fetish music video

Iconic. Disturbing, but nevertheless, inspired.

For the couples: Archie & Veronica or Jughead & Betty

Choose your side wisely.

David Bowie

Because he’s the King/Queen/God of living it up and being yourself.

Coraline

To be honest, this book/movie is horrifying (shout out Neil Gaiman). Also, though, I might rock this ‘fit this year, so maybe don’t steal it from me…

The Log Lady

Twin Peaks is the best thing to ever happen to anyone, ever. Go around telling everyone “my log has a message for you” and see what happens.

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.