This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

These are some of my favorite self-love songs! These are the songs that make me feel empowered and feel good about myself when I need it. Hope you find some that you like too.

“Bastards” by Kesha

This song essentially talks about how people can get you down, but they shouldn’t because they don’t matter. I love this song because it is such a simple song with such a strong meaning.

“Make Me Proud” by Drake (ft. Nicki Minaj)

This is a song that makes me proud of myself and is definitely one of my biggest empowerment songs for myself. When Drake said, “I’m so proud of you,” I felt that. 

“Mean What I Mean” by AlunaGeorge (ft. Leikeli47 and Dreezy)

This song just exudes female empowerment, and I adore AlunaGeorge’s music. This song also talks about how when a woman says “No”, she means it, which is a message that I love.

“Secret For The Mad” by dodie

This is a very slow and quiet song that helped me through a hard time. It’s meaning and lyrics truly speak volumes when someone is upset.

“7 Rings” by Ariana Grande

This is a classic self love song that is good in so many ways. It’s beats and fierceness makes it a perfect song to use to hype yourself up.

“Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right” by Bob Dylan

It’s bluesy-simple sound makes me love this song, especially since the message is so good. I love this song because it creates a very calm atmosphere when listening.

“Good Thing” by Zedd (ft. Kehlani)

The entire message of this song is that one is happy alone. That is a sentiment that I believe is extremely important because being content with yourself is key.

“Rainbow” by Kesha

I couldn’t resist adding another song by Kesha. This is a very sweet song that explains that good things will happen in life and you will eventually find your own rainbow.

“Like a Girl” by Lizzo

This is a perfect woman empowerment song because it celebrates women of all backgrounds. Needless to say, I love Lizzo and her music and this has to be one of my favorites of her’s.

“Right Where You Should Be” by Quinn XCII (ft. Ashe and Louis Futon)

This is a song that has gotten me through a lot. Its message gives me shivers every time I listen to it and it makes me feel like I’m doing something right with my life.

I hope you love these songs as much as I do, and remember that self-love is everything.

– Ivie

Ivie Maher

CU Boulder '23

Ivie is a senior studying political science. She loves dogs, bunnies, and ice cream. She loves the outdoors and feels right at home here in the mountains. You can catch her cooking green bean casserole (her favorite), finding new music, or writing her newest article.
Sko Buffs!