But Really…How Long Does It Take to Microwave a 25 Pound Turkey?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

If you have been on Instagram or Twitter lately, you may have seen users posting stories of a picture of a turkey in the microwave with the caption “Text your mom and ask her how long it takes to microwave a 25 pound turkey.”

Even if you haven’t cooked a turkey, I think it’s safe to say that most people know the correct way to cook one is in fact NOT in the microwave, but in the oven. For those who did not know this, now you do…lol. Nonetheless, our generation is pranking our poor parents and they keep falling for it, text after text. Here is a recollection of my favorite responses.

Moral of the story, everyone cook their turkeys in the oven and if you DO microwave your turkey, please share what happens with the rest of us, the internet is dying to know. Happy Thanksgiving!

Your girl,

Nikki B.

Nikki Blum

CU Boulder '20

My name is Nikki Blum and I'm a Junior at CU Boulder majoring in Marketing. I'm from Colorado and I love to run, shop, and hang out with friends! When I'm not in school, I run my own company called Nikki B's College Tees where make custom tailgate/game day t-shirts and sell to college students all over the country! My business is my pride and joy and I hope to one day work in a career that combines fashion and entrepreneurship.
Sko Buffs!