Rankings of Fast Food Restaurants

This could very well be the most controversial article I have yet to write. For the sake of simplicity, I won’t be including local fast food places like In’n’Out, Whataburger and Sheetz. The contenders for this include Arby’s, Burger King, McDonald’s, Popeyes, Taco Bell and Wendy’s. I have never had Sonic or KFC so those will not be in here.

1. 1. Taco Bell

You already knew this one was coming. Taco Bell is so elite for their prices, vegetarian options and hours open. When I’m hungry later in the night, I always know Taco Bell will be open. I am satisfied with their food and have to stop myself from ordering too much when I’m there. They frequently have new menu items, so I give the new items a try. For me, there is no competition for this first slot.

2. 2. Wendy's

Wendy's spicy nuggets really have my heart, and I am in love with the 4 for 4 deal. Wendy’s didn’t make it to number one because without their 4 for 4 deal, I wouldn’t be there very often. Their frosty's are so satisfying and the fries are top-tier of straight cut fries. I went to Wendy’s once for breakfast, and it was honestly really good. I should give the breakfast another go, but it’s so hard when McDonald’s is right down the road. 

3. 3. McDonald's

Chickennuggets

Okay, listen. I love McDonald’s breakfast, but I never go there any other time. I am pretty upset about the lack of breakfast all day since the pandemic, but as long as it comes back, I will be okay. McDonald’s breakfast is so good and if you have never had a McGriddle, I need you to run, not walk, to the nearest McDonald’s. The hashbrowns are unlike any other and no matter how hard I try, my Trader Joe's frozen hashbrowns never taste the same.

4. 4. Popeyes

I’ve only had Popeyes a handful of times, but they were so good when I did. They’re a better alternative to Chick-Fil-A, since I don’t like to support their values. Popeyes has the best dipping sauces for their chicken, my favorite being the blackened ranch. Perhaps I should try KFC and do a comparison, but for now, Popeyes has my vote.

5. 5. Arby's

turkey and cheese Sandwich

Does anyone go here for anything but the fries? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone inside of an Arby’s and the only thing they have going for them are the curly fries. I wish I had more to say about Arby’s but I don’t know that I’ve ever had anything besides the fries. 

6. 6. Burger King

I hope no one is upset by this, but I would never choose to go to a Burger King. I would rather try a full meal at Arby’s than go to Burger King. Their nuggets are always weird and dry and everything seems suspiciously inexpensive. I liked Burger King a few years ago, but it has been so off the past few years. I will say that their new packaging is really cute and I hope that helps them a bit. 

I feel like none of this was surprising, but maybe some people really like Burger King, or they hate Taco Bell. How would you rank all of these?