Quotes to Live By During Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It is the time of year to honor and acknowledge women all around the world. In 1987, Congress declared March as National Women’s History Month and this year we celebrate the 30th anniversary of this declaration. What better way is there to remind yourself about how badass women are then by reading some spunky quotes?

Here are some of my favorite quotes from women who weren’t (and still aren’t) afraid to speak their mind. 

“There’s nothing a man can do, that I can’t do better and in heels” -Ginger Rogers

“It is amazing what a woman can do if only she ignores what men tell her she can’t” –Carol K. Carr

“There shall never be another season of silence until women have the same rights men have on this green earth.” –Susan B. Anthony

“A woman brings so much more to the world than birth, for she can birth discovery, intelligence, invention, art, just as well as any man.” –Shannon Celebi

“A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim” –Maya Angelou

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” –Eleanor Roosevelt

“As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world.” –Virginia Woolf

“I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” –Amy Poehler

“Well-behaved women seldom make history.” –Laurel Thatcher Ulrich