Playlist Revival: Lets Get This Sourdough and Finish the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

An article for people on the hunt for new songs to get a break from the same 10 you listen to on repeat every day.

Five songs, diverse artists, differing moods. Lets go:

These songs are just too damn good not to share:

1. Cemetery- COIN 

THIS SONG. You guys. It is so good.  

Image Credit: Pinterest

Not only is does it have a gripping, catchy tune, but the lyrics also provide insight into the truth of consumerism and overworking. It discusses a man who “could never make time for his family,” and in true smart-ass millennial style the song states “but he is the richest man in the cemetery.” The lyrics provide a great reminder of what the actual important parts of life are.

2. Caffeine- Foreign Air

Image Credit: Sev Cities

Love is a drug, right? So, is caffeine? This song says love is like caffeine. Cheesy, but also pretty true. 

3. Sincerity is Scary- The 1975

Image Credit: The Guardian

Can this album drop already? (Its drops on FRIYAY) Another amazing song about some real emotional issues our generation faces today. Sincerity really is scary; its vulnerability and I think if one thing can scare the pants off of many young people these days, its well, vulnerability.

Poolside- BAYNK

Image Credit: Spotify 

I love summer. Love it. The holidays get me through some of winter, but after that? Seasonal depression.  This fun song takes me back to summer.  I can already imagine blasting this with the windows down as I drive home after getting wrecked by finals in May.

Evening Buffalo- Felix Snow

Image Credit: Napster

I am not sure how to describe this one except that it’s bleepin’ relaxing. Beautiful melody… Just give it a listen.

Best of luck to everyone with finals; you’re going to do great! *heart emoji*

Kalynn Faricy

CU Boulder '20

My name is Kalynn Paige Faricy and I have been born and raised in this beautiful state of Colorado. I am a Junior attending CU Boulder and majoring in Neuroscience. Science is a great passion of mine (and also takes up the most time!). When not hitting the books you can find me taking a dance class, reading Eleanor and Park for the 20th time, trying new coffee shops and writing new articles for HerCampus. To me the most beautiful part of life is the balance in everything around us; for example, even in our daily interactions it is important to balance personal self-care with mindfulness and selflessness for others. I hope to incorporate this balance in my writings, and promote empowerment, love, and growth.
Sko Buffs!