The Perfect Thanksgiving Day Meals So You Can Seem Prepared In Front Of Your Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Every year for Thanksgiving my family has their same go-to’s and everyone is pretty defensive about what they like! But as someone who loves experimenting with new recipes, I have compiled a list of all of my favorite recipes that I have used on Thanksgiving Day throughout the years, so if your family wants to switch it up you’ll be ready to go with ideas!

Breakfast:

Breakfast is always a hit or miss meal for me. However, my favorite breakfast is baking a Butterbraid and making a traditional egg casserole! While I always ballpark mine, here is a recipe very similar to what I add to mine.

Breakfast/Lunch Snackie:

This one is definitely a 21+ “snackie.”

Make a brunch smoothie with a Smirnoff Ice and berries. I kid you not it is amazing and will get you through the most *exciting* Thanksgiving conversations.

Lunch:

Now, this is one of the meals I have the least on Thanksgiving due to everyone being ready for a huge dinner. However, when I have had Thanksgiving lunch I made a garlic butter salmon dish with mushroom risotto. The risotto recipe can be found here and the salmon dish can be found here.

Lunch/Dinner Snackie:

This is another 21+ option: Passion Fruit Moscato. That’s all there is to say. (And maybe some crackers if you’re feeling crackers.)

Dinner Appetizer:

My favorite go-to, thanks to my cousin, is Bruschetta. I like to pair my bruschetta with toasted bread, mozzarella, and roasted garlic. While I have linked a recipe here, I recommend everyone play around with different ingredients you like and play with adding them. For example, I have recently started adding a little bit of jalapeno and bell pepper really finely chopped into mine, and I use cherry tomatoes instead of Roma tomatoes due to them being so much sweeter!

Dinner:

Say what you will about traditional Thanksgiving meals but Thanksgiving turkey is still my favorite meal. I like to stick with the classics here: Turkey, stuffing, cranberry, and rolls. If you’re looking for a guaranteed amazing stuffing you can find the recipe here. I always say if you want to try something new you should so play with this one however works best for you and your family!

Dessert:

Apple Pie!!!

Apple pie is by far my favorite dessert ever, and it is even better on Thanksgiving. While my favorite is the Sara Lee Dutch Apple Pie, any apple pie will be amazing on Thanksgiving. (I know most people would go with pumpkin here, but apple is far superior in my opinion.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!