This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays regardless of what events I have planned. (Shout-out to my mom for being so extra and decorating for everything and fostering my love of all things celebration.) 

But if you don’t have plans this year, here is a quick guide my favorite Galentine’s Day plans.

What you’ll need:

Some gal pals

Hanging with your favorite girls (and guys) is always so fun!

Some Beverages

My go-to is “Cupcake Moscato”.

Some Food

My go-tos are mozzarella sticks, kettle corn, and barbecue potato chips (idk it’s good)!!!

Some Sweets

My go-to is the chocolate mousse cake from Whole Foods.

The Movie(s)

We all know that you and the girls will inevitably talk over the movies for the entire night, but hey, it’s Galentine’s Day! 

My go to is the 50 Shades of Grey movie series because Christian Grey’s back is what dreams are made of.

Happy Galentine’s Day!!!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!