Anna Schultz-Girl With Hands In Hair On Beach Inspirational
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Packing for the Beach: Spring Break Prep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

We are almost there Boulder babes, done with midterms and on to a week of relaxation. If any of you are visiting a tropical place for Spring Break, I’ve got you covered! Here are my packing tips for a week on the beach.

1. Your Luggage

Stil
STIL / Unsplash

Before you even get to the beach, you want to make sure you are not packing too much. A suitcase and one carry-on will do. The majority of your bag will be swimsuits and shorts/tank tops so you will not need a huge suitcase. Also, make sure to leave room for souvenirs!

2.  Pack According To Your Itinerary

a photo of an open planner
Free-Photos | Pixabay
If you have excursions planned, make sure to pack according to each of those activities. For example, if you are going snorkeling, will you need some gear? Or, if you are going to a beach that is rocky you may need water shoes. Plan ahead!

3. Beach Packing List

Kamile Leo
Kamile Leo / Unsplash
Here are the most common items you should bring along with you in a beach bag for relaxing on the beach:

• Sunscreen

• Tinted face moisturizer (with sunscreen!)

• Waterproof mascara

• Beach Towel

• Flip Flops

• Hair Brush

• Cell-phone portable charger (if you plan on being on your phone a lot)

• Plastic Bags (to keep important items from getting too sandy)

• Sun Hat

• Swimsuit

• Swimsuit cover-up

• Water bottle

4. Tan Inducer

Meredith Kress-Summer Girl Legs Swimming Pool
Meredith Kress / Her Campus

If you are trying to come home from the beach with a good tan, I would recommend bringing a tan inducer with you as well. The Sun Bum Browning Lotion is an example of a tan inducer that allows you to wear a high SPF sunscreen while still getting a tan. You can get the tan you want without the extended amount of sun exposure required without.

5. Post-Sun

Skincare morning routine
Kevin Laminto
Once you have spent an entire day in the sun, your skin may feel dehydrated and stiff. I would recommend bringing an after sun moisturizer to keep your skin feeling fresh. I would also buy anything with aloe in it which is great for treating sunburns. Sun Bum has a great after-sun spray with aloe and cucumber that will make you feel refreshed after a long day at the beach.

6. Travel Health

person looking out airplane window
Jason Toevs
I would bring precautionary medications just in case you get sick on your trip. Advil, burn ointment, Neosporin, etc.

Now that you have a brief idea of what you should pack for the beach, get excited…Spring Break is almost here. Good luck with the rest of your midterms!

XOXO,

Kelley

Kelley is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus CU Boulder. She is currently a senior majoring in journalism and minoring in sports media. In her free time, she likes to workout at her local CrossFit gym, hang out at coffee shops, and explore the mountains.
Sko Buffs!