This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It’s that time of year when we gather up our friends to have watch parties for Awards season. There are so many amazing awards from the Golden Globes to the Oscars. For many of us, we might gather and play a game to see who can predict the most wins. But for the fashionistas out there, it’s all about the Red Carpet. Who is wearing what? Who was the best dressed? These are all things every fashionista thinks about during awards season. In case you were busy doing your homework, this guide gives you the rundown of what all the hottest celebrities were wearing at The Oscars 2017.

Ruth Negga – Best Actress Nominee for her role in the film “Loving”

Ruth Negga wore a beautiful, floor length, cherry red Valentino dress. Shying away from the typical low cut, strappy dresses, the actress goes for a more modest look as her dress has a lace high neck collar and long sleeves.

The Red Carpet Host – Ryan Seacrest

He is always hosting Red Carpet events, so what made him look special this go around? He was wearing an ivory suit accompanied by a burgundy bow tie and matching cuff links. He pairs this with nice black slacks and shoes

Sunny Pawar – From the film Lion

Every Red Carpet needs a cute little celebrity to steal the show and that is exactly what Sunny Pawar did last night. He showed up in a simple, classic black tuxedo, which probably melted all of our hearts.

Taraji P. Henson – Presenter

This “Hidden Figures” actress was seen in the spotlight wearing a sexy, navy dress designed by Alberta Ferretti. The beautiful, off-the-shoulder look is complimented with a dazzling, diamond, v-shaped necklace to show off the dress’ neckline. Henson’s dress features a thigh high side slit, with a deep v-line around her bust to complete her old hollywood look.

Emma Roberts

While she may not have been there for a nomination, she still wowed us all in her vintage Armani Prive dress. This strappy dress has a daring, plunging v-neckline. The top half features black lace and intricate beading; the bottom half is a cream color. To add to the glamour, the two halves of the dress are separated by a satin band around her waist.

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend

This is the couple everyone is in love with. They are seriously couple goals and put us all in our feels. Somehow they manage to slay every Red Carpet together, leaving us all speechless. Chrissy is showing off her figure in a Zuhair Murad gown. This beautiful white gown is accompanied with gold and silver beading on the sheer sleeve and upper bodice. To top it all off, the dress has a low open back cut, and has a cape that makes the train of the dress. John is looking as handsome as always in his Gucci suit.

Hailee Steinfeld

Steinfeld is one to make sure all eyes are on her at any award show. This Ralph and Russo couture dress does just that. The soft lilac color detailed with a floral pattern gives the sheer dress an especially feminine and romantic look. To make it stand out, the dress has a ruched high neck complimented with a simple updo.

Kirsten Dunst

Dunst shows up to the Oscars wearing a simple and elegant black strapless Dior gown. The dress shows off her perfect figure by accentuating her waistline. A small, delicate necklace is worn to give the look a more elegant feel.

Octavia Spencer – Best Supporting Actress Nominee for “Hidden Figures”

This amazing actress is seen in a silver, off-the-shoulder gown. While she looks ready to take home an Oscar, she also adds a bit of personality as seen through the feathered and glistening bottom.

Janelle Monae

This amazing “Hidden Figures” and “Moonlight” actress is kicking the night off in an Elie Saab couture dress. This outstanding dress features a sheer and beaded bodice. The top skirt has the same gold and silver detailing the rest of the dress has. She wears a gorgeous statement necklace that looks as if it were made to go with the dress. To top off her look, she wears a matching hairpiece.

Emma Stone – Best Actress Winner for the film “ La La Land”

This star is spotted in a simple, slimming gold and white dress detailed with a lace bodice. Emma always has a dress that is unique from others and we see this with the fringed bottom. This beautiful fringe makes us all feel like we are back in Hollywood during the 1920’s.

It is easy to become star struck by all the celebrities and their amazing couture dresses, and while we have only gone into detail about a few of the many celebrities that were there, it’s important to remember that everyone looked amazing that night.

Alexis Morgan

CU Boulder '19

Alexis grew up in Southern Colorado and is a senior this school year. She is majoring in Marketing with an Operations & Information Management Certificate, and a minor in Communications. Currently she is a PINK Campus Representative and a Style Guru with College Fashionista. In her free time you can expect to see her shopping, in a pilates class, or taking a break at the local Starbucks.
Sko Buffs!