This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Since New Year’s Eve is coming up quickly, here are some essentials to help you with your party planning!

Roaring ’20s Theme

What better way to bring in the new year than with the glitz & glamour of the 1920s? This isn’t even an option— you’re doing it. Text your friends to channel their inner Gatsby and wear their best flapper dresses and suits!

Decor

What’s a party without a good photo op? Excite your guests with some colorful balloons, confetti, and sparklers! Urban Outfitters has cute decorations at pretty reasonable prices.

A Statement Look

NYE is not the night to play things safe. End the decade with a bang and experiment with some fun makeup! Who doesn’t love a little glitter?

Funky Accessories

Load up on some pearl necklaces, feather headbands, and party hats. Don’t forget your poppers for when the ball drops!

Film Camera

Disposable and film cameras are much more fun to use than your iPhone! The photos you’ll take will ooze character and capture the essence of your night.

Killer Playlist

Nothing gets a party started like a good playlist. Add some of the Great Gatsby soundtrack to your usual party mix to transform the room into a modern-day speakeasy!

Have fun, be safe, and happy 2020! 

Tasia Wormser

CU Boulder '21

Tasia is currently in her senior year at the University of Colorado Boulder, majoring in Strategic Communications with minors in TAM (Technology, Arts, and Media) and Business. In her free time, she loves scrolling through Pinterest, listening to 6lack, and drinking green tea. ✰
Sko Buffs!