Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Every week, we bring you our staff picks for freshly-cooked hits or songs that we can’t just take off repeat. New or old, these are the songs we’ve been listening to this week. To check out the full playlist, click here.

“Maniac” – Conan Gray

Conan Gray’s song “Maniac” is perfect to blast while driving with the windows down and pretending summer is only a couple months away. The 21-year-old singer-songwriter is set to release his first studio album, Kid Krow, in March of this year, featuring many other great songs including “Checkmate” and “Comfort Crowd.” In an Instagram caption, Gray said “Maniac” was “written by me in the shower after i got a weird ass drunk text from someone i hadn’t talked to in MONTHS lmao.” If that is not a perfect description of the song’s vibe, I don’t know what is. — Oriel Voegele

“St. Vulgar St.” – Twin Peaks

“St. Vulgar St.” by Twin Peaks is an upbeat anthem that’s meant to be played with the volume all the way up. After the Chicago band released Lookout Low, a 10-song album with a fresh new sound,  2019, the bar was set high. “St. Vulgar St.,” released in a two-track single in January of this year, exceeded those expectations. Next time you’re in the mood to dance through the streets and sing at the top of your lungs, turn on “St. Vulgar St.” and crank the volume as high as it will go. — Claire Wadman

“Ariel Ariel” – The Griswolds

After four years, The Griswolds are back! With the release of their single “Nice To Meet Ya!” on August 30th, 2019, the band began a new era of music. Lead singer Christoper Whitehall has rediscovered his love of music, and says he is now striving to “make songs that I loved, lyrics I could scream at the top of my lungs and music that was fucking fun to make.” Their latest EP, All My Friends, made its debut on February 14th with catchy, upbeat songs to jam out to with your girls. “Ariel Ariel” is a prime example of the band’s new look and sound, so go check it out! — Anna Hansil

“Your Love (Déjà Vu)” – Glass Animals

Ever since Glass Animals’ 2019 collaboration with Denzel Curry on “Tokyo Drifting” and drummer Joe Seaward’s life-threatening cycling accident in 2018, fans have been anxiously awaiting the four piece British band’s next steps. Now that they’ve announced not just one, but two nights at Red Rocks, Glass Animals has released a new single that’s bound to be on their setlist at their back-to-back summer shows. The lyrical content of “Your Love” is a shift from frontman Dave Bayley’s usually abstract lyrics towards a more personal story about a dysfunctional relationship. In a statement released about the song, Bayley said, “I think we’ve all found ourselves in f–ked up relationships that make us feel sad and helpless… This song is about that…about being addicted to chaos—about doing or allowing something self-destructive because on some level you get off on the sadness that comes of it.” The beat-heavy, vibey single is hard to not groove to and if anything, makes Glass Animals fans even more excited for their third album, expected later this year. — Tiara Stephan

“Love You So Bad” – Ezra Furman

We’ve all seen “Sex Education” on Netflix, and if you haven’t, you need to, but have you listened to the soundtrack yet? “Love You So Bad” is just one of the countless killer songs on Ezra Furman’s 19-song album released as the soundtrack for the Netflix hit series. Perfectly encapsulating the heartache of loving someone who is just out of reach, “Love You So Bad” will bring on all the feels while maintaining an optimistic undertone. In an interview about the album, Furman declared that “sometimes you need the music to fully convey what can’t be said in everyday conversation,” and that’s exactly what this song does. — Claire Wadman

“No Time To Die” – Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish has definitely come a long way since her hit single “Ocean Eyes” brought her into the spotlight. She recently won five Grammys, including all “big four” categories—song of the year, album of the year, record of the year, and best new artist. Now, at just 18 years old, Eilish has become the youngest person to write and record a Bond theme song. “No Time To Die” manages to perfectly combine Eilish’s distinct and ominously soft sound with the powerfully mysterious Bond vibe. The quiet build-up of both the orchestra and her voice gave me chills the first time I listened to it, and it’s been on repeat ever since. If you haven’t already, check out her live performance at the 2020 BRIT awards which showcases just how amazing this song truly is! — Oriel Voegele

The Slow Rush – Tame Impala

While not a song, Tame Impala’s new album deserved a shoutout all of its own on this roundup. Kevin Parker, known under the alias Tame Impala, is an Australian psychedelic rock artist who recently released his fourth studio album. With the success of his previous albums, Lonerism and Currents, fans anxiously awaited the February 14th release of The Slow Rush and Parker didn’t disappoint. The neo-psychedelia genre is certainly something that Parker has mastered. Tracks like “Breathe Deeper” and “Tomorrow’s Dust” immerse listeners into the technicolor surround sound of Parker’s inner thoughts. Get this album into your music library ASAP! — Tabitha Farnham

“Deleter” – Grouplove

Grouplove got a running start into 2020 with “Deleter,” their first single off of their upcoming album, Healer. The song “Deleter” reflects on political questions, allowing lead singer Zucconi to explore the power of belonging, religion and his own subconscious, with lyrics like “Am I anxious or just modern?” We last saw Grouplove in 2016, and quickly afterwards band members Hannah Hooper and Christian Zucconi had just become new parents. With a new musical age beginning for Grouplove, “Healer” is set to release in March, so mark your calendars! — Anna Hansil

“Modern Loneliness” – Lauv

On February 20th, Lauv finally released his second album, ~how i’m feeling~, a follow-up to his debut 2018 release I met you when I was 18. In “Modern Loneliness,” Lauv continues to build upon his commentary on loving and living in our overwhelmingly digitally interconnected world, a theme he also explores on “Drugs & the Internet.” Lauv has said that this song is his favorite he’s ever made and the most important song thus far in his career. Continuing to be relatable to those of us growing up in the 21st century, this sophomore effort does not fall flat, showcasing Lauv’s creativity and authenticity and proving that he isn’t an artist to underestimate. With this song, take his own advice and listen to the lyrics. — Tiara Stephan

Come back next week to hear what new songs we just can’t stop listening to!

Tiara Stephan

CU Boulder '20

Tiara is a senior at the University of Colorado at Boulder double majoring in Psychology and Political Science. Outside of being one of the senior editors for CU Boulder's Her Campus chapter, she writes for the Music Desk of 303 Magazine, is involved in Alpha Phi Omega - Gamma Theta Chapter, a co-ed community service fraternity, and is a co-founder of Mixed CU, an organization dedicated to students with multicultural backgrounds. When Tiara's not studying or working, she can very frequently be found drinking copious amounts of English Breakfast Tea, talking about how incredulous dictionaries are, watching Saturday Night Live sketches, eating pho, and trying to convince herself that she can't just buy a plane ticket to Europe.
Oriel Voegele

CU Boulder '23

Oriel is currently a junior at the University of Colorado Boulder double majoring in Psychology and Strategic Communication double minoring in Women and Gender Studies and Business. When she’s not doing homework you can find her reading cute books way past her bedtime, watching romcoms with a facemask on, or being overly competitive at Monopoly and Mario Kart.
Tabitha Farnham

CU Boulder '23

Tabitha is currently in her first year at CU Boulder and is excited to be a Her Campus contributor!
Anna Hansil

CU Boulder '22

Anna is a sophomore at CU Boulder! Her hobbies include singing, playing with dogs, painting, and being outside. She is majoring in Voice Performance and Music Education, and is originally from Roswell, Georgia.
Claire Wadman

CU Boulder '23

Claire Wadman is a freshman from Costa Mesa, California majoring in Aerospace Engineering. She loves music, the outdoors, skiing, and art. This is her first semester writing for Her Campus and she couldn't be more excited!
Sko Buffs!