This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Need a new caffeine obsession? Look no further than Bhakti Chai. This is a women-owned and local Boulder brand that creates chai in two different flavors – Original Chai and Unsweetened – that definitely gives you the kickstart you need to get you started in the morning (or honestly, whenever you need it). 

I have been a long-time drinker of Bhakti Chai, so I am very much able to speak to this brand’s qualities. When I first tried their Original Chai concentrate, I was instantly transported to fall when life feels a little better: the weather is cooler, the leaves are wrinkling beneath you, and weekends are filled with football and friends. Their Original Chai concentrate is spicier than their Unsweetened concentrate, and I personally prefer the original because who doesn’t enjoy the extra spice in their life? 

Bhakti was born in 2007 with the vision of fusing high-quality organic tea products with a mission to give back to our community. Our team is guided by the notion of Bhakti, or “devotion.” Our goal is to look for meaningful ways to support our community

via Bhakti Chai’s Website.

Something I’ve also realized is that I noticeably find myself feeling a lot better when I drink Bhakti chai rather than coffee. I have a very low tolerance to caffeine and coffee can sometimes make me feel shaky and anxious. With Bhakti, I do not feel that way and honestly, I’m forever grateful that I found something that doesn’t make me feel like I’m bouncing off the walls while also caffeinating me.

Let’s talk about taste. The Original concentrate tastes like fall in a cup, and it brings all the right vibes. My personal favorite recipe for this concentrate is to take my favorite mug, fill half with Original concentrate, half with oat milk, and add a splash of vanilla syrup. It’s a simple go-to, but it does the job perfectly and makes me feel like I am ready to take on the day.

Beyond the taste, Bhakti Chai is giving back. They are a certified B Corp, meeting strict social and environmental standards and focusing on the triple bottom line (people, profit, planet). Bhakti also gives back through GITA, Give, Inspire, Take Action, empowering women and girls. Whether you know you love chai already or are a newcomer to the chai world, I would 100% recommend drinking Bhakti Chai. Support this women-owned and Boulder-based business – learn more and buy Bhakti! and advocating for social justice and climate crises. 

Ivie Maher

CU Boulder '23

Ivie is a senior studying political science. She loves dogs, bunnies, and ice cream. She loves the outdoors and feels right at home here in the mountains. You can catch her cooking green bean casserole (her favorite), finding new music, or writing her newest article.