This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As soon as I moved into my apartment during my sophomore year, I knew that Trader Joe’s groceries would become a staple in my diet. After about a year of buying food from TJ’s, I’ve narrowed down some of my favorite items I buy during every grocery shopping trip. 

Sparkling Black Tea with Peach Juice Beverage: $3.99

I’ve recently been drinking a lot of black tea. Like every day. But Starbucks is expensive, and I was looking for a cheaper option. This drink has 45 milligrams of caffeine per can and is $3.99 per package. Each package comes with four cans that are so delicious with every sip. It’s fizzy, peachy, and has that signature black tea taste. This is one of my newer finds, but I can already tell that I will buy this beverage regularly. 

Popcorn Popped
Kirby Barth / Spoon

World’s Puffiest White Cheddar Corn Puffs: $2.49

This snack is essentially just Pirate’s Booty (Trader Joe’s Version), but it’s still a classic snack. Also, it’s gluten-free! These white cheddar corn puffs are a perfect snack to have when you’re not really hungry, but you’re still craving something cheesy. I’ve eaten this snack for years now, and I never get bored of it.

Pollo Asado Burrito: $5.49

This burrito is packed with flavorful chicken, black beans, corn, and pepper jack cheese. All you have to do is heat it up for about two minutes in the microwave, and your meal is ready! I like to eat this burrito on days when I don’t have time to cook or I’m struggling to find something to eat for lunch. It’s so filling and tasty with every bite. 

Chicken Thighs
Christin Urso / Spoon

BBQ Teriyaki Chicken: $5.99

If you’re feeling too lazy or busy to cook, this frozen chicken is just right for you. I like to serve it up with a side of rice and vegetables as well. This item usually produces a couple of meals for me to eat throughout the week, which is perfect for weeks when I have way too much homework. It has a delicious teriyaki flavor for when you’re craving something savory and rich for dinner. 

Honey
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Honey O’s Cereal: $2.29

The simple cousin of Honey Nut Cheerios with the exact same flavor. There’s not much to say about this classic breakfast item just because of how well-known it is. I pretty much eat it every morning with a side of yogurt to have a nice, healthy breakfast.

Tomato Feta Soup: $4.49

Around this time of year, a hot bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect combination on a cold day. This soup is rich in flavor and pairs well with a turkey grilled cheese. The added feta makes it especially unique yet so good. I recommend eating this when you want a comfort meal. 

All of these items and more have become an integral part of my daily meals. Of course, I like to mix it up with some new items, but these will always be incorporated into my diet. I highly recommend these grocery items the next time you visit your local Trader Joe’s!

Maya Paustenbaugh is a writer for the Her Campus University of Colorado-Boulder chapter. Outside of Her Campus, Maya works at the CU Boulder Bookstore on campus and enjoys reading in her free time. She was one of the editors of her high school yearbook for two years and is currently a multimedia journalist intern for Bucket List Community Cafe. Maya is a junior studying Journalism with a minor in Political Science and Leadership. In her free time, Maya enjoys going to the gym, re-watching Harry Potter, and visiting her family in Fort Collins, CO. She also loves any water related activity and baking (especially cakes). Maya learned how to ski when she lived in Germany and can be found skiing around Colorado in the winter!