This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Without fail, winter weather manages to make my skin feel dry, tight, and flakey every year. But as someone who also suffers from oily skin, I had no idea how to properly hydrate my skin without feeling greasy or causing a breakout. After a lot of trial and error, I have finally found a routine that makes my face feel moisturized and supple even in the depths of winter. Here are my five essential skincare products that help me fight dry weather.

Youth To The People Superfood Cleanser

For years I had no idea I could like a face wash so much. Most of the cleansers I tried were either drying or they didn’t feel like they left my skin very clean. So my world changed when I tried Youth To The People’s Superfood Cleanser. It’s gentle and non-stripping so it leaves the perfect base for more hydrating products.

Inky List Hyluronic Acid

After my cleanser, I always go right in with a hyaluronic acid serum on damp skin. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant which basically means its job is to draw in moisture from the atmosphere to keep your skin hydrated. I like this one from The INKY List because it doesn’t leave my skin feeling sticky and it’s only $7.99!

COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream

Obviously, moisturizer is crucial in combating winter dryness. Lately, I’ve been loving the Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream from COSRX. Formulated with snail mucin (yes, it really does come from snails but I swear it works), this cream leaves my skin feeling hydrated, nourished, and plump.

Glossier Futuredew

The last step in my skincare routine is always the Glossier Futuredew. I apply this oil serum hybrid after my sunscreen and before my makeup– but honestly, you don’t even need makeup when you use this. The evening primrose and rosehip oils in Futruedew are occlusive, meaning they seal in all the moisture from the previous steps. On top of that, this product makes my skin look SO radiant but never greasy.

A Humidifier

Okay, this isn’t technically a skincare product but it has made a huge difference for me. When the seasons changed, I started to notice that the dryness was not just getting to my face. I felt in my hair, my nose, everywhere! I decided I needed to step up my game so I ordered this humidifier from Amazon. The extra moisture has made my skincare routine extra effective and my plants love it too.

Healthy, dewy skin is in year-round, so don’t let winter dryness stop you from being your best, moisturized self!

Rachel Norris

CU Boulder '23

Rachel is currently a junior at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She is studying History, Ethnic Studies, and Education. When she's not studying or working, you can find Rachel thrifting, journalling, and looking for new music to listen to.
Sko Buffs!