This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The fashion industry can be extremely daunting and intimidating, especially when fashion trends are so quick to come and go. As a self-diagnosed clothes addict, I have found females in the industry that I look up to and religiously base my style and confidence off of. I learned that when you are passionate about something, it is very beneficial to have people with a similar passion that you look up to. Keep reading to learn more about the women in the industry that heavily influence me!

Hailey Baldwin Bieber

As of late, Hailey is someone who most closely resembles my current style. Bieber has made a name for herself in the modeling and fashion industry by appearing in Guess, Ralph Lauren, and Tommy Hilfiger ads while also making quite a name for herself on social media. Hailey’s confidence directly reflects the bold outfits that she wears. She has a way of experimenting and adding on to the most popular fashion trends of the moment. And after her marriage to Justin Bieber, all eyes are on her and what she is dressed in. I love Hailey for her ability to take slightly more masculine styles and make them more feminine by adding her own personal style. Hailey will be a muse of mine for years to come, and I cannot wait to see how her style continues to evolve. 

Princess Diana

When I was in middle school, I had a hardcore Princess Diana obsession. This mainly involved conspiracy theories revolving around her death, but as I have gotten older, this obsession has shifted to her fashion sense. I would even go so far as to argue that she was one of the greatest fashion icons of the 20th century. Her outfits were classy and minimal while still subtly sexy. Yet, she also wasn’t afraid to be herself or show her casual side, which probably really made the rest of the Royal Family mad. But, even with such strict rules to adhere to, Princess Diana still let her personality shine through her clothes. Even though Princess Diana is no longer with us, she will still be someone in the industry I look up to for the rest of my life. 

Cher

Where do I even begin…. Cher truly transformed the red carpet and made herself a legend in the fashion industry. Every time she steps onto the carpet, all eyes turn to her. Cher’s provocative, sexy, and revealing looks have redefined the formal and uptight red carpet protocol. Not only is her style ahead of the time, but also fueled with passion and a desire to express her inner-self through the clothes that she wears. I aspire to be as confident in my personal style as Cher is. She wears what she wants and does not let anyone’s opinion stop her from doing so. 

Kate Moss

Aside from her personal issues that were made very public in the 90s, Kate Moss’s fashion sense will live on in my style forever. Moss defined the 90s fashion scene with her effortless party-girl style. Some of my favorite looks from Moss focus on her iconic silk slip dresses, dramatic fur coats, and bright colors. The supermodel’s careless and minimalist style influenced trends that we all grew up with. The 90s were a great time for fashion, and Kate Moss really added to the scene. 

These women have all influenced my personal fashion sense in monumental ways, and I cannot wait to see who will continue to inspire me in the future. 

Isabella Silber

CU Boulder '22

Isabella is a senior at the University of Colorado Boulder. She is a Strategic Communication major with an emphasis in Public Relations and a Journalism minor. When she is not flipping through fashion magazines, she can be found obsessing over a pair of sneakers, running up the Flatirons, and reading in a nearby coffee shop.
Sko Buffs!