Red Rocks
Red Rocks
Morgan Keegan

My Favorite Photoshoot Locations in Boulder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Finding locations for photoshoots can be hard, but it shouldn’t be kept a secret! After living in Boulder for the past couple of years and taking photos for social media, I’ve compiled this list of places that are my go-to!

Chautauqua Park

Okay, before you say anything, hear me out. I know this is one of the most well-known places for photos, but I highly recommend waiting until spring to take them! At the trailhead, there are tons of beautiful flowers and greenery, and if you face the other way, it looks like a completely different place. Just be mindful of where you’re stepping!

Parking Garages/Rooftops

There are countless parking garages in Boulder that are perfect for a more urban setting! These were taken on top of a parking garage on Pearl Street which is one of my go-tos because parking is free on weekends.

Step it Up with Stairs

Believe it or not, but this was taken outside of the post office by Illegal Pete’s! Stairs can give a dynamic feel to photos because they’re filled with lines and symmetry. You can try various angles and poses that offer a new perspective from what you normally do!

Restaurants on Pearl Street

Pearl Street has countless restaurants and cute buildings that are perfect for a more casual shoot! Some of my favorites include Wonder Press (where this photo was taken), Whole Sol, and Sweet Green, and Rosetta Hall!

Textured Walls on Pearl Street

I highly recommend taking a walk down Pearl (specifically through the alleys) because there are so many textured walls that make the perfect background for anyone! These are less intimidating compared to other places and are great if you’re trying to capture a new fit!

Wonder Wonder

I recommend Wonder Wonder to anyone – whether you live here or are just visiting! Wonder Wonder is filled with countless uniquely themed rooms. I guarantee that you’ll find one that fits your personality and style!

Hopefully you can add at least one if not all of these to your list of places to take photos! There are so many beautiful and simple places in Boulder you can go to. Get out there and do some exploring!

Hannah Curran

CU Boulder '22

Hannah is a Junior studying Creative Technology and Design. She is passionate about website development, graphic design, digital art, and of course, writing! Hannah also has her own sticker business, @whoishan!
Sko Buffs!