Shopping via Unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Shopping via Unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Cam Morin via Unsplash
Style > Fashion

My Favorite Influencers and Their Take on Casual Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As a young girl, my very chic and tastemaking mother had one piece of advice for me – never be trendy. She valued the classic looks of old Hollywood stars, Parisian women, and runway couture. As she has always been my personal fashion icon, I have followed her words wisely. Because of this, in my college years I have become a champion of casual fashion. Looks that will always be… well… looks. Easy, comfortable, chic. In order to fully develop my style, I did a deep dive into social media to follow the influencers responsible for making this style more modern. Here are my top five influencers and their take on casual fashion.

1. Matilda Djerf 

We know her, we love her, we buy from her brand: Matilda has truly created a simple, sleek, and timeless collection with room to be creative and expressive. Her looks are for every body type and sense of style. Layer her basics or wear them as your staple, Matilda really reinvented simplicity. 

1. Yuyan 

Yuyan’s YouTube Channel was the first time I was introduced to casual fashion and she has been a staple page for me to return to when I want to feel inspired. Her seasonal lookbooks, with all pieces included in the bio of course, have helped me envision looks for myself. Everything she has can be applied to pieces we and booties seem fresh and put together. 

1. Larissa Mills 

Made famous by her daughter’s TikToks, Larissa’s style is chic and clean. She layers beautifully, looks effortless, and always has a statement pair of glasses to tie the look together. Her content is natural and fun while also highlighting her latest looks. From 20-120, her looks apply to every age. 

1. Anaïs 

Anaïs shows followers French fashion at its finest – clean lines, comfortable fabrics, and timeless designs. With an oversized blazer in tow and jeans you’ll want to order ASAP, Anaïs works to create accessible looks straight from your Pinterest board. 

1. Laura Jade Stone 

Warning – do not visit Laura’s page if you are this close to chopping your hair: she will fully convince you. While you’ve seen her all over Pinterest, be prepared for the Instagram page of your dreams. Her looks typically involve a button up with classic jeans or a statement dress with easy heels. She’s always traveling somewhere fabulous and wearing something fabulous. With her hair, travel, and fits, she’s a triple threat. 

Alia Davis

CU Boulder '23

Alia is the Director of Outreach and a contributing writer at Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a fourth year student majoring in International Affairs and Anthropology. When she isn't writing articles, she can typically be spotted on a run, watching sad films, or re-reading Dune.