Molli Vitta: Fashion-Forward and Fierce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

For many CU seniors, the last semester can be a frantic one. In the frenzy of job searching, some may realize their resumes aren’t as full and professional as they need to be.

Molli Vitta will have no problem with that. As a senior Communications major, Molli has been active on-and-off campus and kept busy with a huge variety of projects. As a sophomore she joined Delta Delta Delta, a Panhellenic sorority on campus. She spent the past two semesters serving as the Vice President of Chapter Development, a position that leads Standards and teaches rituals to the chapter. Already a prominent figure in the chapter, this position made her the confidant of many members of the chapter. “My leadership role made me understand the purpose of Tri Delta and I’ve made some of my best friends,” she said of her experience.

In addition to her sorority involvement, Molli has had multiple internships in a few different sectors. She first interned with College Fashionista, an online magazine. Here she took photos of fashionable students on campus and interviewed them about their style. Next she moved onto working with American Eagle Student Union, planning events and using social media to promote the brand. Honing her love of fashion, she ventured into the world of high fashion last summer while working with St. John’s Knits. She remarked on the internship, “Here I got a grasp of what I really wanted to do: work directly with the clothing.” Her busy senior year includes two internships, one with Boulder Municipal Court and one with Starr Clothing. Both involve social media, something she has been interested in but has never explored. Initially at Starr she managed the website’s use of social media, working with Twitter and Pinterest to promote the brand. Now she’s since been promoted to a blog editor and recruits interns to write for the blog.

This isn’t her first experience with blogging. Since 2010, she’s ran her own personal blog “Flocks of a Feather” on Tumblr. While reading the Teen Vogue Handbook, she learned how a blog can separate oneself and express creativity to employers. Initially it was predominantly a fashion blog but has since turned into the average 20-something’s blog, detailing the trials and tribulations of college. “It’s gained a pretty heavy following lately, but it’s not the status of Cupcakes and Cashmere.” Not yet, at least.

After graduation, Molli ideally sees herself living a Manhattan brownstone. As her two areas of interest are fashion editorial and fashion PR, the options are limitless in New 

I'm a 21 year old English and Psychology major. I spent last summer interning at Cosmopolitan Magazine and I'm currently trying to figure out the direction I want to take after graduation. I love writing and I love marketing, so probably a fusion of the two. Sushi, hard cider, and bad horror movies are my weaknesses. I'm also a trivia badass.
Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.