This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The Met Gala 2017. An absolutely extravagant event that every fashion enthusiast wishes they could go to. Before we look at some of the amazing looks from the Red Carpet, it’s important we know what the Met Gala is. The Met Gala is held on the first Monday of May each year. The Met Gala is formerly known as the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit. This Gala is held each year to help raise money for the Costume Institute, which is the fashion department. Each year there is typically a theme to the Gala, and the theme for 2017 is Comme des Garçons’s Rei Kawakubo.

1. Gigi Hadid

Gigi showed up in the beautiful Tommy Hilfiger dress. The short dress with a chiffon train was paired nicely with a pair of black heels.

2. Bella Hadid

Gigi’s sister Bella did not show up to play games. She was an extravagant jumpsuit designed by Alexander Wang. Not to mention, the outfit’s subtle off the shoulder look compliments here hairstyle quite well which defines her face,  

3. Lupita Nyong’o

Lupita Nyong’o made a statement in the elegant orange ruffled, off the shoulder dress designed by Prada.

4. Cara Delevingne

Jumpsuits are definitely in this season as we see Cara in a silver belted jumpsuit designed by Chanel. Delevingne even went the extra mile and did her hair to match.

5. Kim Kardashian West

The most loved Hollywood star Kim Kardashian was were a gorgeous and simple white off the shoulder dress by Vivienne Westwood.

6. Stella Maxwell

Who knew H&M could be so glamourous? Well, Stella Maxwell did. She arrived in a custom H&M dress that was lined with pearls.

7. Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez or Elsa? It’s safe to say J-Lo looked like a real princess this year in the Red Carpet. The beautiful blue Valentino dress was gorgeous as the long train made it’s way down the red carpet.

8. Elle Fanning

First J-Lo, now Elle Fanning. Both in gorgeous blues. Elle Fanning is wearing a Miu Miu dress.

9. Lily Aldridge

The Victoria’s Secret Model came to make a statement. The beautiful white dress has just the right wow factor when paired with the thigh high red boots.

10. Kendall Jenner

Kim Kardashian’s sister Kendall also came bringing the wow factor. Her sheer black, crystalled dress is all thanks to the amazing La Pera.

11. Selena Gomez and The Weekend

This is the couple of the year, Selena Gomez and The Weekend. There have been so many rumors surrounding them, so of course they show up looking as perfect as always. Selena is in a Coach dress that is simple and elegant with floral detailing.

12. Emily Ratajkowski

Emily is wearing a beautiful blue beaded Marc Jacobs dress.

13. Anna Wintour

Now what is the Met Gala without the Head Chair of the event itself, Anna Wintour. She showed up looking just as fabulous as always, as she wore a gold Chanel Dress.

While there were many celebrities all gathered for the fashion event of the year, it’s important to remember that the Met Gala is not just about what we see on the Red Carpet, it’s about raising money for the Costume Institute.

Alexis Morgan

CU Boulder '19

Alexis grew up in Southern Colorado and is a senior this school year. She is majoring in Marketing with an Operations & Information Management Certificate, and a minor in Communications. Currently she is a PINK Campus Representative and a Style Guru with College Fashionista. In her free time you can expect to see her shopping, in a pilates class, or taking a break at the local Starbucks.
Sko Buffs!