Meet Emily Del Signore, Theta’s Recruitment Officer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Name: Emily Del Signore

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: San Jose, California

Get ready, ladies & gentlemen, Emily’s single & a neuroscience major. Brains, beauty, and according to her Instagram bio, she’s cooler in person.

Tell us a bit about your position on campus!

I’m the Chief Recruitment officer for Kappa Alpha Theta. Basically I’m the one that plans and oversees spring and fall recruitment. 

What’s the best part about being in Theta?

The best part about being in Theta is the relationships I have built. Especially with living in the house, I have met some of my closest friends that I would not have known as well if we did not live down the hall from each other. 

You live in the house this year, what’s that like?

Living in the house can be overwhelming at times, but it is also so much fun. Like I said, I met some of my best friends just because I lived a few doors down from them. It’s very comforting knowing that whichever room I walk into, there’s always someone to talk to. 

What advice do you have for girls who will be going through recruitment in the fall?

My advice would be to keep an open mind. Each house has something awesome and unique and it’s easy to forget that when you don’t get invited back to a house that you wanted. Everything happens for a reason and I am so happy where I ended up. 

Off-campus, where can we find you?

You can most likely find me in the library, at the gym, or at the bottom of an Illegal Pete’s burrito bowl. 

What’s your favorite way to sweat?

Corepower yoga on the hill. 

Who inspires you most?

Even though this is really cheesy, my mom inspires me the most. She is such a strong woman and an amazing roll model. 

-Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?

Hopefully in 5 years, I’ll be in medical school. In 10 years, I hope I will be practicing medicine, especially some form of surgery in San Francisco. 

Best part about your hometown?

It is so close to everything! It’s like a 20 minute drive to Santa Cruz if you drive fast like I do, and it’s about 40 minutes from San Francisco. It’s really hard to be bored. 

Favorite spot in Boulder?

Boulder Tea House

If you could have dinner with five people, dead or alive, who would you choose?

Leah Miller, Annika Winkler, Christina Alexandrou, Nour Khorrami, and Nikki Minzenmayer because I have dinner with them every night and I wouldn’t change a thing:)

What song did you last listen to?

Piano Man by Billy Joel

What are your most used emojis?

If you could travel anywhere, right now, where would you go?

Costa Rica or anywhere in South America! 

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.