This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As the seasons change, so does makeup. Summer is a time where it is fresh and sweat-proof, but that doesn’t make it any less fun. This season, bright colors and dewy skin are everywhere, and so much more is screaming sunny days and warm weather.

Graphic Liner

Liner in creative shapes has been all over my feeds lately. I’ve seen it in every color, especially white and blue. Here is a tutorial to achieve this look. 

Soap Brows

This trend has become a staple no matter the time of year. This summer in particular, it is especially famous. Making your brows look full and perfectly tame, it is a great way to make you look like you put so much effort in, when you really didn’t. Check out how to achieve the look here

Colorful Inner Corner

Summer is a time to incorporate fun and bright colors into your makeup routine. This trend is ideal for that, because it adds a pop of color in a simple yet exciting way. It goes well with any look, and the possibilities are endless. Here’s an inspiration picture.

Eyeshadow as Liner

I’ve been doing this everyday lately! Taking a brown shadow instead of eyeliner and smoking out with your eyeshadow is a great way to get the cat eye look without the commitment of eyeliner. It looks soft yet bold, and you don’t run the risk of smudging. Get the look with this tutorial.

Everything Cream

Cream products have been all the rave lately. From blush, to highlighter, and even ditching the powder. They are so much lighter on the skin, and leave a stunning dewy finish. Be sure to check out Rare Beauty for some awesome products (especially their blush).

Blush

Speaking of, blush is in. Dabbing it not just on your cheeks but your nose among other places creates a cute, sun-kissed look that’ll make it look like you spent all day at the beach. Learn how with this tutorial.

Summer makeup trends are renowned for being not only easy but very pretty. All of these trends are an easy way to add a small pop to your look, without making it unbearable in the heat. Which one is your favorite? 

Noelia Salazar

CU Boulder '23

Noelia is majoring in international affairs with a minor in communications. She is passionate about social change and bringing light to topics not talked about enough. She loves books, makeup, and coffee. In her free time, she's probably rewatching Gilmore Girls.
Sko Buffs!