burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Living Simply with Krysten Lee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hi babes! I’m so excited to be back and I am SO ready to introduce you to an up and coming female entrepreneur.

Meet Krysten Lee, a business student from Irvine, California. At the young age of 22, Lee has successfully created, developed and launched her own clothing company, Live Simply Collective. She graduated from Point Loma Nazarene University with a teaching degree but after some serious soul searching, she realized that was not the best path for her. Lee decided to attend the Daytime Master of Business Administration program at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego where she met her co-founder, Calvin Uemura.

Both Lee and Uemura noticed that the world around them was demanding an extravagant life style, especially when it comes to the way we dress and express ourselves as humans. This fearless, female entrepreneur wanted to change the norm after realizing that a happy life is a life that is lived in its simplest form. Finding inspiration in Marie Kondo’s minimalism, she put her artistic nature and business knowledge together and began creating a brand which embodies the idea of living a simple yet fulfilling lifestyle. With every purchase, customers are encouraged to find what simplicity means to them and how it could lead them to a happy life.

Live Simply Collective was officially launched a little over a month ago, on Dec 1, 2019 with their first round of preorders ending on Dec 31. They are prepping for future drop periods as eager customers wait to get their hands on the products.

Lee admits that her journey to entrepreneurship has not been completely smooth. Building a brand from the ground up is undoubtedly difficult, especially having little to no experience in starting a company. Overall, her biggest challenge was trying to find a way to successfully create a business that was inclusive to everyone. Feeling like you are a part of the Live Simply Family is essential to the brand’s mission.

In addition to developing an inclusive brand, part of the Live Simply philosophy is to make a difference, not just in the lives of their customers, but also in the community around them. The company donates 10% of their proceeds to the organization Meals with a Mission. 

I’m sure that after reading Lee’s story some of you are ready to take the leap of faith and start your own business, so here is a piece of advice from her:  “I am still fairly new to entrepreneurship, but my advice would be to be all in once you decide to take the leap. I am lucky enough to have a supportive and driven partner in Calvin who has helped me put as much as I can into this company. This journey is much easier when you have someone by your side.”

To Lee, this company has become much more than just a clothing brand. It represents a beautiful journey of self-discovery and courage which has led her to find new experiences and bring some incredible people into her life. Being a female entrepreneur is not easy but she sure makes it look like it.

I know some of you cannot wait to get your hands this streetwear, so make sure to follow them on Instagram @livesimplycollective, email them at livesimplycollective@gmail.com, or check out their website at www.live-simply-collective.myshopify.com. And of course you can add Krysten Lee to your list of badass female entrepreneurs to follow on Instagram, so make sure you give her a follow as well @krysten_lee_ .

HCCU is so excited for the future of Live Simply Collective and we can’t wait to see her succeed.

That’s all for now loves, and don’t worry… I’ll be back before you know it.

HCXO,

Grace

Grace Smith

CU Boulder '20

Grace currently serves as the Her Campus CU Boulder Chapter President. She is honored to lead a team of 50+ badass women who are passionate about creating personable content. When she is not at chapter meetings, you will find Grace with a coffee cup in one hand and her laptop in the other working on articles, running her business, or talking to her mom. Grace is a senior graduating with a BA in History with an emphasis on Medieval Studies. Her research focuses on medieval witchcraft.
Sko Buffs!