Life of A Jean Junkie: Spring Break Denim Dos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Spring Break is just around the corner! This is the perfect opportunity for you to take out those jean shorts that have been hiding underneath those warm winter clothes. Surely, many of you are going somewhere tropical such as Mexico. Not only will you be able to work on your tan but really show off that jean junkie style coupled with bright colors, patterns, and relaxation.

My biggest recommendation for upcoming spring break trips, especially for those tropical getaways, is to make a run to your nearest thrift store and pick out the most hipster Hawaiian shirts you can find. Not only will this be a total hit but you will also feel confident, cool and stand out from the typical shorts and t-shirt attire. Pair this fun, unique piece with a great pair of regular old jean shorts, high-waisted shorts of all colors, or even white shorts! If the thrift store sounds too outrageous for you, stick to bright colors, pastels, or white textured shirts paired with a fun pair of shorts. A current obsession is printed shorts ranging from black and white striped to flirty florals.

Dare to let your denim speak in a different way than the regular old blue jean. Although for many spring break occasions, the classic blue jean short is the perfect way to go. To take this classic to the next level, studded shorts add the perfect hint of detail and add a bit of rock and roll edge. Just because a vacation is the perfect time to relax doesn’t mean you still can’t shine!

Xo Your Jean Junkie, Alaina

Visit Starr’s Clothing and Co at 1630 Pearl St  Boulder, CO 80302 to style shop or visit their website at http://starrsclothingco.com/home/?cat=1 for more Life of a Jean Junkie!

Collaborated blog for Starr's Clothing Co. of Pearl Street Boulder. Here our journey begins... being a jean junkie for so many years has many stories everyday so we are taking you behind the scenes to share our inspirations and passions, xoxo.
Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.