Join the Society

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Gilt Groupe, iDeeli, Hautelook- the list of discounted fashion websites goes on and on.  All these websites feature high-end clothing at a low cost.  Most of us ooh and ah at the featured brands but either still can’t afford them or the brands are not appealing. 

A solution?  aSociete: (That’s “a society”) A discounted fashion website geared towards college students.  Exclusive deals are offered to those who join and instead of lasting only 24 hours, usually last anywhere from 3-5 days (That way us college kids can procrastinate).

This successful website was co-founded by a fellow CU student, Vanessa Gabriel- she will be featured on our Campus Celebrity very soon.  She is a sophomore who realized that there were lots of sale websites out there, but none appealed specifically to college students.  So her and a few friends from home decided to put their ideas to work.

The website features up-and-coming brands along with some familiar high-quality names such as WesC, Betsey Johnson and GLMR KILLS.  With a recent launch in October 2011 and a whopping 4,000+ Facebook likes, I would say the company is riding the sweet wave of success.

Click here to join aSociete!

(Trust me, you don’t want to be left out)

Ali Chastain is a sophomore majoring in Advertising in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at CU Boulder. Even though her passion is in Advertising, Journalism has always been a close second, which is why she is stoked to be a part of Her Campus! Originally from St. Louis, MO, she calls Boulder her home away from home. She is a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is also employed at American Apparel. When she is not working or studying, she loves to run around her favorite trails in Boulder, stalk music blogs, and put her foodie-ness to the test at new restaurants.