I’m Shmacked is coming to Boulder, again.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Shmacked, previously undefined, is now a commonly searched term on Urban Dictionary: To become intoxicated to the point of not even being able to stand up, know what’s going on, or correctly pronounce any word. Well, if you’re unfamiliar with the series, this term describes it the best.  This pair tours the country in pursuit to find the best party schools and document their conquests, CU Boulder was not left untouched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj-MWXvS7VY

If you missed it last year, I’m Shmacked partied it’s way through Boulder during Greek Week, and posted it’s infamous video for all to see. Among one of the most viewed I’m Shmacked videos on YouTube with about 314, 000 views since May 2012, it is as humorous as it is controversial.

With their notable disclaimer beneath every video, “No alcohol or illegal substance is used during filming, just prop,” they have become tokens of a college lifestyle, or at least a small population’s lifestyle.  What may have started as a funny joke, be in a video promoting the acts of partying on the internet, has blown up, and like every other “good thing turned bad,” the repercussions don’t stop once the video ends.

Similar to posting Facebook photos of you partying, these videos have become another tool to narrow down job applicants, a pool already small enough for college graduates.

With that being said, I’m Shmacked will be in Boulder starting March 15th, through Saint Patrick’s into the following weekend. So General Public Service Announcement: If you want to party with I’m Shmacked and be in the video, go for it, but if you want to party and not be on the video, remember your rights. They can’t post anything with your face in it without your permission, and you can ask them to not use film you are in.

That being said, have a happy, safe, and great Saint Patrick’s Weekend, and although it isn’t helping that “party image,” Go Buffs!

Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.