This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Many of us in Boulder are moving out of a dorm by the 25th, but some students are staying. To celebrate one last time before we move home, here’s how to have a dorm Friendsgiving on campus.

The Food

You may be wondering, “Where do I even find dorm-friendly Thanksgiving food?” Some you can find without needing to leave campus! Pick up a side from either Village Market or WeatherTech and a salad from one of the many dining halls on campus. While some items require a quick run to Target on 29th or King Soopers at Table Mesa. Take advantage of your dorm kitchen as you will be able to make more food here, but if it is inaccessible then find some microwavable meals. You can find microwavable mashed potatoes and corn, heat up a rotisserie turkey from King Soopers, microwavable stuffing, and microwavable mac and cheese. Pick up some Ocean Spray cranberry sauce at a local grocery store as well. 

Here are some easy recipes to make your dorm Friendsgiving perfect thanks to All Recipes, The Kitchn, and Marla Meredith!

Spinach Dip

Pumpkin Pie in a Mug

Turkey Cutlet

The Decorations

What is the perfect Friendsgiving without decorations?? Find some cheap and quality thanksgiving decorations in the dollar section at Target on 29th or pop over to the dollar store.

The Drinks

Get fun cold drinks from the WeatherTech Cafe to use up some munch money before heading home this semester or some hot drinks from The Bakery. Have everyone get their own drinks or get an order list and go drink hunting! 

The People

Your friends, duh!! This can be a bonding event for your current friends and/or a perfect chance to meet new people by inviting them. It all comes down to who you want to celebrate with!

Of course, try to be safe by following COVID-19 regulations!

The Location

Depending on the weather, there are many different places you can hold your Friendsgiving. Wherever you have common spaces inside the dorm can be perfect (ie. the basement, lobby, study spaces). If it’s beautiful weather, you can do it next to Norlin, Farrand Field, the lake near Kittredge, or one of your favorite spots on campus. 

Now you have all the tools you need to throw the perfect Friendsgiving before we all head home for the semester! Treasure your time left with friends and use this as an opportunity to branch out. 

Olivia McKeen

CU Boulder '24

Olivia is a contributing writer for Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a freshman majoring in Marketing and hoping to get a certificate in social responsibility and ethics. In her free time, she enjoys going on adventures, going on hikes, and hanging out with friends and loved ones.
Sko Buffs!