This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Alright guys, it is finally here! The day we have ALL been waiting for! National Margarita Day! The day where the United States all bonds together to celebrate our favorite imported alcohol, tequila.

To celebrate, let’s make our own margs! But, like, the cheap way, because we are in college after all.

First up, you need a cocktail shaker, and I love this one from Bed, Bath and Beyond, because it has all the recipes to all my favorite drinks on there, so if tequila isn’t your cup of tea, you can make a vodka cranberry while the rest of us are living our best life.

Source // Amazon

Also, no shame if you’re thinking Louisa, there is no way I’m buying a cocktail shaker today. I have been living my best life without one for years now. I’m just going to dump it all together in a cup. Can’t blame you. You do you, sis.

Source // Pinterest

Alright on to the good stuff, margaritas. For this broke babe’s recipe, you’ll need:

• 2 oz Tequila or as much as you want, can’t judge, remember? I recommend Jose Cuervo, you’ll find him on the Hill.

• 1/2 oz agave, ask Starbucks for like 5, when they look at you weirdly, show them this article.

• 3/4 oz lime juice, do it for the Marg

• A touch of salt for cup edges, or your hand. Now get into a debate with your roommate about whether or not you actually need salt, I say yes.

OR

Bear with me, buy margarita mix when you buy the tequila on the Hill. Plus you and I know you were going to do that anyway. Once again, the Jose Cuervo one is heckin’ cheap.

Source // Mix That Drink

If you’re not just mixing margarita mix into a cup, you’ll need to:

1. Pour some salt onto a plate.

2. Rub some lime juice along the rim of the glass.

3. Turn the glass upside down on the plate so the rim sticks to the salt.

4. Pour the agave, lime juice, and tequila into your shaker.

5. Add ice.

6. Shake for 15 seconds.

7. Pour and congratulate yourself for celebrating the holidays that really matter.

Source // Foodie and Wine

Congrats babe, we’ve made it through the week. Now go ahead and listen to Tequila by Dan + Shay and relax this weekend.

Love you babes,

Louisa

Thanks to Probably This for inspiration for this piece.

Louisa Brott

CU Boulder '20

Louisa Brott is a senior BFA student currently majoring in Cinema Production and minoring in French at the University of Colorado Boulder. In addition to HerCampus she is a Panhellenic woman at CU. Louisa hopes to one day direct a blockbuster film that focuses on the misrepresentation of gender in Hollywood films and hopes to create a production studio with a slide and a nap pod that sheds light on important social issues. You might see Louisa on campus pulling all-nighters in the ATLAS editing lab, or working at the Starbucks on the Hill. She has insider information about what Starbucks drinks to order and what to pass on. Moodboards, Chick Flicks and dogs are the way to her heart, and she won't complain if you happened to send her a Summer Fridays mask.
Sko Buffs!