sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Live More Sustainably in 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In honor of Earth Day, here are some tips to live more sustainably for the long run, not just for Earth Day.

1. Reusable cup/water bottle

Image // Pinterest

Buy a reusable 20 oz or more cup to carry around with you everywhere so you don’t wanna be up buying plastic bottles and being wasteful. You can find ones as cheap as $5 at Target

2. Bring your own bags to the grocery store

Image // So Sew Easy

Boulder already has a plastic bag tax at most places you shop, so save money and save the earth by bringing your own reusable bags when you shop.

3. Get a refillable K cup for your Keurig

Image // The Modern Woman

If you use K cups in your Keurig, consider getting coffee grounds and the reusable pod to be more sustainable and reduce your waste. You just clean it when you’re done and reuse it.

4. Use paper bags to hold your fruit

Image // Christie’s

Plastic bags are always provided for fruit, but investing in a large stack of brown paper bags will help save the environment.

5. Make home-cooked meals as often as possible

Image // Instagram

Takeout is great but is definitely not the most sustainable option for food. Buy fresh ingredients and cook at home at least once a week. Not only is it sustainable, but it’s better for you!

Little changes in your lifestyle can have big impacts on the Earth and the environment. Be more sustainable this Earth Day, and every day to come.

Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Sko Buffs!