Style > Beauty

Her Campus X EVXO Cosmetics: Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, and Vegan (Oh My!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Looking to freshen up your makeup supply for the summer? Look no further than EVXO Cosmetics. This woman-owned, LA-based cosmetics company works to provide chic and ethical cosmetics for makeup enthusiasts all over the US. In their own words:

“EVXO Cosmetics goes above and beyond when it comes to our makeup products. Our makeup offers organic, vegan, and gluten free products to promote a healthy way of living. With our products, you’ll never have to choose between high quality ingredients and healthy skin!”

EVXO Cosmetics founder, Brittni Livingston, struggled to find cosmetics that worked to heal her chronic skin care problems, so she created her own. Sulfate and paraben-free with vegan and organic ingredients, EXVO Cosmetics are good for the planet and good for you! Additionally, these products are celiac safe for all of my gluten free friends. Her Campus CU Boulder was lucky enough to partner with this amazing brand to give you the best recommendations from their ample selection of amazing products.

Reusable Makeup Remover Cloths

These cloths are the best start and end to any makeup routine. Plush, colorful, and easy to reuse, these makeup cloths are saving the environment and your skincare! To use, simply wet with water or your favorite, oil-based, remover and wipe gently on your skin. To reuse, throw them in the washing machine with a gentle detergent. They also come with a reusable laundry bag so you don’t lose any cloth to the machine. Purchase the Reusable Bamboo Microfiber Makeup Remover Pads here!

Foundation

The Peek-A-Boo Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation smells and feels amazing on your skin. With 12 different shades, from Alabaster to Espresso, you’re sure to find your perfect match! This product and its user-friendly applicator make for an easy base to your makeup routine or a great cover up for early mornings.

Mascara

As an inexperienced makeup artist, mascara is crucial to finishing off my looks. The Strength n’ Length Mineral Mascara makes my eyes and lashes pop! The wand is the perfect length to be able to control the amount you’re placing on your eye, and the application feels smooth and simple. This mascara is gluten free and vegan, making this a completely guilt-free addition to your routine!

Lipstick

EVXO’s Organic Lipstick works to enhance your look and lasts all day long. While many organic products feel sticky or crumbly, this lipstick was smooth and moisturizing. Even after eating and drinking, I was certain my lips were still intact. I tried the color “Purely Plum,” but EVXO Cosmetics has seven lip colors that are sure to compliment you perfectly.

Eyeshadow

In an attempt to finally break up with my middle school Naked Palette, I am constantly on the hunt for a perfect eyeshadow. EVXO has finally brought my search to a close with the Plum Rose Eyeshadow Palette! This neutral toned palette with plum-tones has endless combinations to spice up any night out or day in class.

Scrub

My favorite product from EVXO Cosmetics has to be their Organic Skin Brightening Turmeric Scrub. Using a scrub is so important in a skincare shower routine, and this scrub smells and feels amazing on my skin! I really did see a difference in my skin health and overall appearance after using this scrub before and after shaving.

EVXO Cosmetics is an amazing, growing brand with strong ethics and amazing products. Support everything this brand stands for by trying their products for your summer makeup looks! Purchase EVXO Cosmetics on their website to support this woman-owned business.

Alia Davis

CU Boulder '23

Alia is the Director of Outreach and a contributing writer at Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a fourth year student majoring in International Affairs and Anthropology. When she isn't writing articles, she can typically be spotted on a run, watching sad films, or re-reading Dune.