Halloween Costume Ideas Based on Your Horoscope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Choosing your Halloween costume can be a daunting task because nothing ever seems to be quite good enough. This year, turn to your star sign to guide you to the perfect costume!

Capricorn

Capricorns are known for being responsible and disciplined, and enjoy keeping everyone in line. This star sign calls for a ringmaster or referee as possible costume choices. Capricorns also love tradition, so find some camo and dress as an army girl or military cadet.

Aquarius

Ahhh Aquarius, ever the independent and free-spirited sign. You’ll never catch an Aquarius in a basic costume like a cat or ghost, they’re far too original for that! This year, why not go as a hippie, alien, unicorn, or fairy? Each one is as unique as you!

Pisces

Pisces will forever be indecisive, and this applies to picking out a costume as well. It’s probably best to play it safe with the classics- a cat, ghost, or toga costume should do the trick!

Aries

Aries are known for their competitive nature, so why not go as a race car driver this Halloween? If that doesn’t appeal to you, try out a superhero costume. It’ll match your confident and heroic personality perfectly!

Taurus

A devoted and reliable person till the end, Taurus may come off as stubborn but they’re really just committed! You know who else is committed? Cowgirls and Girl Scouts! Cowgirls have to train their horses and tend to their ranch all day, and a Girl Scout has to make sure her troop is in tip top shape at all times. Don a cowboy hat or add a few stick on badges to a collared shirt and you’re good to go!

Gemini

Geminis are infamous for their double sided personality, but this really just means they want to discover more to satisfy their many facets! Forever curious, you should consider being a sailor or pirate this year. What Gemini doesn’t enjoy a little exploring?

Cancer

The sweetest and most sensitive of the zodiac signs, you can tell a Cancer by their ability to sympathize with you and give you a shoulder to cry on. Chances are, they’ll be crying along with you. But no need for a sad costume! Cancers should consider being an angel, bunny, or Little Bo Peep as all of these will resonate well with their kind, innocent demeanor.

Leo

Leos are loud and proud, and they don’t care who knows it! A cheerleader costume would suit a Leo well, as Leos are just as loyal and supportive as they are outgoing. This sign knows they’re in charge, so you could also consider going as a form of royalty (an ice princess or Cleopatra come to mind).

Virgo

Virgos are heavy rule followers, but this is only because they need structure in their lives. They are also selfless helpers, and dressing as a cop, firefighter, or doctor would easily fulfill both of these characteristics.

Libra

Libra is the sign of the scales, and this means balance, balance, balance! Nothing balances out more than a couple, duo, or group costume, so look to your favorite bands or iconic duos for inspiration. Spice girls? Serena and Blair? A cop and robber? The possibilities are endless.

Scorpio

It’s spooky season!!! Which means a Scorpio’s darker side can finally shine through without any room for judgment. Scorpios are secretive and cunning, which gives them an edge for this holiday. Try being a devil, ghost, or vampire this Halloween!

Sagittarius

Sagittarius is one of the most extroverted and enthusiastic zodiac signs, a true “people person” if you will, so consider going as a celebrity or your favorite athlete. 

Now that you have a better sense of what to dress as for Halloween, go out and rock those costumes and allow your inner zodiac to shine through!

Hi! My name is Sierra Speegle and I'm currently studying Public Relations as a sophomore at CU Boulder. When I'm not writing articles for Her Campus, I can be found cheering on the Buffs, skiing, searching for the best breakfast tacos, or running along the Boulder Creek trail. In addition to being a member of Her Campus CU, I'm involved in the Public Relations Student Society of America and serve as the Panhellenic Delegate for my sorority. Check out my page for articles on food, product reviews, career advice, and everything in between!
Sko Buffs!