Fruity Champagne Drink Glass
Fruity Champagne Drink Glass
Cassie Howard / Her Campus

Galentine’s Drinks Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

With February 14th just around the corner, check out these easy and pretty pink drink recipes to spice up your quarantine party vibe!

Best Non-Alcoholic Option: Shirley Temple

INGREDIENTS

1.5 cups lemon-lime soda 

.5 lime – squeeze out the juice

2 teaspoons grenadine 

Stir all ingredients together, pour into a cup with ice, garnish with cherries!

Vodka Option: Cherry 7up Vodka

INGREDIENTS

1.5 ounces vodka

1 ounce grenadine

6 ounces Cherry 7up

Add vodka and grenadine to a cup with ice, slowly add the 7up. You can class it up with a lemon peel garnish or drink it plain.

Tequila Option: Watermelon Sugar Margarita

INGREDIENTS

1 whole seedless watermelon

.5 cup water

1 cup sugar

4 ounces tequila

2 ounces lime juice

You can either buy watermelon simple syrup or make it at home!

Directions for simple syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, mush up two cups of seedless watermelon with 1 cup of sugar. Let it simmer and keep stirring for five minutes, then use a mesh sieve to get the watermelon juice/sugar mixture.

You can either buy watermelon juice or make it at home!

Directions for watermelon juice: add two cups of seedless watermelon and a half cup of water to a blender and run it until it is smooth. Use a mesh sieve to get fresh juice.

Add the watermelon syrup and juice together with the tequila and lime juice. Either pour it over ice cubes or crushed ice, mixing it all together. Make sure to add sugar to the rim of your glass for that extra special touch.

Bourbon Option: Cherry Coke Slushie

INGREDIENTS (for a pitcher-not a single serving!)

4 cups ice cubes

1 can of Cherry Coca-Cola (12 ounces)

6 ounces bourbon

6 ounces grenadine

This is great to share or to keep the extra for later. Just blend all the ingredients together until the mixture is like a slushie. Goes best with frozen glasses and drinking from a straw!

Sangria Option: The HCCU Sweet Tooth

I love to make a pitcher of sangria because you can basically mix and match your ingredients for different flavors depending on your mood. Plus, it’s best to make it ahead of a special occasion and keep it in your fridge for you and your quaran-team to enjoy. Here’s my take on a classic.

INGREDIENTS

1 bottle rosé

4 ounces triple sec

1 cup raspberries

1 cup strawberries (note: fresh or frozen is okay!)

1 cup watermelon

Cut fruits and add to pitcher, add triple sec first then add the bottle of rosé. Leave in the fridge overnight! You can add sherbert or sorbet to your glass for an extra kick!

However you celebrate, stay safe and hydrated this weekend!

Sarah Adams

CU Boulder '26

Linguist and cat person, most likely watching a hockey game, but I ought to be working on my dissertation.
Sko Buffs!