Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

Four Places to Run In Colorado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Running is a habit that many people have come to love. It is something that takes a lot of dedication, and patience to become better at. At the end of the long run, you feel amazing afterward knowing that you have just done something that some people would never want to do because it can seem really hard at times, and people don’t always want to get out of bed to go for a run. It does not matter how fast or slow you are or how far you can run; you are running for yourself, and only you at the end of the day. These are all great places to begin running because of how easy they are to access.

Washington Park in Denver, Colorado

This is a great place to run, especially if you are new to running. I know that it can be hard at first to begin running but, with this park, you are able to follow a trail where you are able to tell how far of a distance you are running. This will allow you to be able to push yourself each time to run even further. On top of being able to run at this park in the mornings, there are not a lot of people in the park besides other runners which allows you to be able to focus on yourself. The scenery in this park is in a beautiful neighborhood surrounded by trees, so even when you are running later in the day in the summer you are able to stay cool.

Prospect Park in Wheat Ridge, Colorado

This park has some of the greatest trails with the scenery year-round. There is a beautiful river that runs along the trails creating a peaceful running experience for you to be able to enjoy by yourself or with others. This park is in a city, but really gives you a taste of nature, and makes you feel like you are in the woods. In the park, the paths are cleared off so there is no need to worry about falling the entire time you may be running in the wintertime. The greatest thing about this park is it is so big that you are not constantly surrounded by a lot of people. With this park, you do not get into the issue of people riding bikes in the same lane that you are running in, because they have made separate lanes, and different trails for people so they do not have to constantly worry about bikers behind you.

Standley Lake in Westminster, Colorado

In this reservoir, there are several different trails that you can run on in this area. It allows you to connect to wildlife and be able to be around a lot of dogs that like to run with their owners. Not only does this area have a lake, but it allows you to run away from the lake.  For example, there are some trails that go into neighborhoods, or you can go towards the open space center where the trails allow you to choose many different options of where you want to run. Not only this but the open space center is very different from the lake, you are able to run up trails that are very hilly or you can go for an easy run where it is all flat. 

Cheeseman Park in Denver, Colorado 

This is another great place to run in Colorado especially in the city. Not only is this park beautiful, but you are able to have a place in the city where you are not in a constant stop and go with stoplights when you are running. The park is great for people who want to be able to run in shady trails and look at the beautiful greenery in this neighborhood. This park allows you to be able to see a part of the city that is in a nice neighborhood with many different people who are just as motivated to run as you may be. Even though it is a park in the city there are several different trails that vary in length so you are able to work your way up to how long you want to run without having to go on the exact same trails over and over again.

There are so many beautiful places to run in the world and Colorado. When you are first starting to run being able to be around so many places where you are able to connect to nature allows making the habit of running easier. The feeling of going for a run allows you to feel like you are going on an adventure from running in a park in the city or running in nature. Being able to find a place that you love to run at is an amazing feeling and keeps you motivated to keep pushing yourself.

Angelique is a Junior at CU Boulder studying Journalism with a double minor in Business and Communication. In her free time, you can find her looking for a new place to discover in Colorado.