This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

I’ve been studying in London for about a month now and if there is one thing I’ve taken note of, it’s the clothing. I’ve been observing the trends that flood the London streets. The style here is slightly different from the common American trends. From outerwear to nighttime fashion, London’s fashion sense is anything but boring.

First off, there is leopard print. Literally everywhere! You can’t walk more than a block without seeing someone in a leopard fur coat or a cheetah scarf. It’s just the thing here and there’s no such thing as too much of it! So, I, of course, brought out my leopard print jacket and I had no trouble fitting in. I’ve heard from friends living in other areas of both the UK and Europe that animal print is huge where they are too. so, if you are planning on traveling across the Pond, prepare properly and bring out your best animal printed pieces!

Simple cross body bags are every London girl’s go-to accessory. Pickpocketing is more common here than in the states, so having a bag that’s not only cute but safe is a must. With all the walking you do here you want a bag that can fit your necessities but is also light and easy to carry around. Also, they go with everything and can easily be used during both day and night!

If you want to look like a true Londoner you have to get a scarf. It doesn’t matter what it looks like or what style it is, just get one! I’m pretty sure I have yet to see someone not wearing a scarf. Maybe it’s because we are in the middle of winter (although being from Colorado it doesn’t feel that cold) or maybe they’re just that much of a fashion statement for common Londoners. But if you want to fit in a scarf is your ticket in! P.S. They love layering here, so scarves are perfect!

Talking nightwear, go with something more on the formal side as opposed to be casual, just to be safe. I can tell you that London is definitely formal when it comes to nightlife, specifically if you’re going to the clubs. Friends I have that are studying in Europe have said the complete opposite and that for them it’s very casual. When it comes to London though, that is just not the case. Every club has a dress code usually consisting of a rule for heels and dresses. Several clubs even specify that you need to come wearing a full face of makeup. Londoners are just really into dressing up, especially when it comes to a night out! So, if you’re the type that loves to dress up when you go out, definitely consider London for your next trip. Below is some inspo!

London is the perfect place for the girl that loves everything about fashion. There are no limits as to how you can express yourself here! I would highly recommend making this your next travel destination to those into anything related to fashion and style!

Ella Zeiler

CU Boulder

Ella is currently an English major with a minor in Journalism at the University of Colorado Boulder.  Outside of school Ella has a love for all things writing and hopes to write or edit for a magazine one day. She shares a passion for fashion, photography and travel. In her free time she's either out exploring, finding the next photo spot, or daydreaming about living in Paris.  "Sometimes I would buy vogue instead of dinner, I just felt it fed me more." - Carrie Bradshaw 
Sko Buffs!