This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Let’s be real. We’ve all came down with a bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out). Don’t even lie, we’ve totally been in bed looking at Snapchat while you’re friends seem to be having the time of their lives. FOMO is arguably one of the worst syndromes to come down with on a Friday night and I’m gonna show you how to get over it. 

1) Is this really something I want to be doing?

Look at the actual situation. 

Yes, you’re probably going to make some kicka** memories with your roommates, sorority sisters, or your old homies. But you’re probably going to feel even better when you ace that Econ midterm you’ve been studying for. It might be tough to turn down a night full of dancing and Cosmo’s, but Cosmo’s will be there next weekend. (Alternative option: order Cosmo’s while you study.)

2) Is it actually that fun?

Have you ever seen your friend’s Snapchat story that looked like they were having the best night of their life, only for them to come home and tell you that it was an absolute s**t show? Yeah, I thought so.  

Don’t be fooled, ladies. Social media tends to play mind games. So when you get that pit feeling in you’re stomach while scrolling through Instagram, remind yourself not to feel too bad. Keep in mind, not many people post the bad things in life. Even if your friends did have a bad night, you’re not going to be seeing them post pictures of the blur of a night they just had. 

3) Is it do or die?

Is it a frat party? Or is it A$AP Rocky at Red Rocks? If it’s the usual frat, don’t be too surprised when the same house is on the same block the next weekend. We understand you’re FOMO if your friends are at A$AP and your stuck studying. But don’t get too sad about the same party on the Hill.

We get that FOMO is a real thing. We’ve all been through it. So, in that case, we came up with some simple solutions to help you out:

Shut your phone off. 

I know it seems impossible, but you wont have any feelings of missing out when you don’t know what’s going on. 

Watch White Chicks.

C’mon, it’s a classic. 

Go on a hike.

Whether it be day or night, with those gorgeous Flatties, how could you not want to? You’ll be getting in a good workout and some time to yourself.

Study your a** off, girlfriend. 

We all know that this is what is most likely keeping you from going out. Work hard, play hard.

FOMO is an unwinnable game. The people that seem to be “winning” are the ones who are the most scared of losing this never-ending battle. We can’t always be at the coolest places at the best times, its just not realistic. Be okay with the fact that you’re missing out now for a reason, and that your life is unfolding exactly how it’s supposed to. 

Accept your FOMO. Own that FOMO.