This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

If you’re still in Colorado then you know Governor Jared Polis issued a stay-at-home order that went into effect Thursday, March 26 and will last through April 11. The initial list of non-essential businesses that would close included liquor stores and recreational marijuana dispensaries, but Gov. Polis is allowing these places to stay open as long as they are practicing extreme social distancing. So don’t worry Boulder, Hazel’s will remain open, but so are some of your favorite local restaurants. And they are doing take-out alcohol. Keep reading to find out where you can still find some of your favorite drinks in Boulder and support a local business. 

The Rio Grande

Although you can’t go for happy hour on Thursdays, The Rio Grande is still doing happy hour prices for their margaritas all the time! Call ahead or simply walk there and order safely from the outside stand they have set up at their Pearl Street Mall location. And of course, you still have your choice between frozen or regular margaritas with all the flavors as before. Grab your quarantine pal, grab a margarita, and support a local business! 

Phone number: 303-444-3690

Location: 1101 Walnut St

Rosetta Hall

It’s not rooftop drinking, but we can pretend thanks to Rosetta Hall, and it’s available for delivery. Call ahead and order pre-batched cocktails with garnishes and small bags of ice that serve four people for $20 or eight people for $35. Talk about luxury at a good price. You can choose your own mix from their selection which includes margaritas, bloody marys, and more. Rosetta Hall is also offering six and 12-packs of beer, wine and champagne by the bottle, and even bottles of liquor such as Evan Williams Bourbon and Havana Club Rum.

Phone number: 720-323-5509 

Location: 1109 Walnut St

West End Tavern

Their dining room is closed, but West End Tavern is offering Curbside Pick-up and DoorDash delivery for food during quarantine. Alcohol is only available through pick-up, though. Call ahead to get wine by the bottle, beers, and selected cocktails anytime between 11:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Plus, the restaurant is still offering its Wednesday “Whiskey and Wings” special! 

Phone number: 303-444-3535 

Location: 926 Pearl St

Hapa Sushi

You can get your sushi and sake fix with Hapa Sushi! Order for curbside or pick-up. Hapa Sushi will allow customers to place online orders where they can get their favorite sushi rolls, beer bottles, and warm or cold sake. It doesn’t stop there, either. You can get Hapa’s craft cocktails and wine by the bottle when you order online. 

Phone number: 303-536-5182

Location: 1117 Pearl St

Shine Restaurant and Potion Bar

Shine’s potion bar is still open for pick-up! Call ahead to get your favorite CBD mixtures, 32oz Shine bottles to mix at home, and more. Plus, all of their drinks have added health benefits to support you through this crazy time. Make sure to time it right though, Shine is only open from 4-7 p.m. 

Phone number: 303-449-0120

Location: 2480 Canyon Blvd

SALT

Even though it’s only wine and beer, SALT is staying open to offer food and drinks every day through delivery and no-touch curbside pick-up. You can build a six-pack of beer for $15 or just choose one from their selection including Crazy Mountain Amber Ale, Nitro Milk Stout, and more. They also have a list of red and white wine bottles ranging from $24-$40. 

Phone number: 303-444-7258

Location: 1047 Pearl St

Locust Cider

Purchase your beer online and pick it up to-go from the Locust taproom! Options to-go include growlers, grunts, six packs and gift cards. If you haven’t been to Locust before I definitely recommend checking it out when it opens, but now is the perfect time to try out their delicious ciders and canned wines. Follow their instagram to keep up to date with on-tap ciders and more. 

Phone number: 303-356-8151

Location: 5446 Conestoga Ct

The Sink

The cornerstone of the hill is still doing food delivery options through HungryBuffs, DoorDash, and Grubhub, but you can order alcohol for pick-up as well. The Sink has a collection of 15 different beers, including Avery Stampede Lager, Stone IPA and more. Call ahead and order The Sink everyday between 12-8 p.m. 

Phone number: 303-444-7465

Location: 1165 13th St

Japango

If you’re craving fresh sushi and sake, call ahead to Japango for special curbside beer, sake and cocktails! You can choose wine by the glass or bottle (30% off price listed), warm and cold sake by the glass or bottle, and other various beers and ciders. Plus, Japango having discounts? That is basically unheard of, so I would hop on that deal while you still can. 

Phone number: 303-938-0330  

Location: 1136 Pearl St

West Flanders Brewing Co. 

Another closed dining room, but don’t worry – West Flanders Brewing Co. is offering it’s full menu every day from 2-8 p.m. through delivery and pick-up. Plus, you can get a FREE $5 crowler with every pick-up order of $25 or more. There are different crowlers available for $5, $6, and $7 including: Holy Wit ($5), Angry Monk ($6), and Daisy Cutter ($7). 

Phone number: 303-447-2739

Location: 1125 Pearl St

Don’t let quarantine get you down — grab a roommate, your parents, or Zoom Happy Hour your friends and support local businesses! These restaurants and countless more are staying open to support their workers through this time, and we should contribute when we can. So, call your favorite restaurant, grab a drink, and stay safe!

Thank you for reading. 

HCXO, ​Maddy  

Maddy Atwater

CU Boulder '20

Maddy is currently studying Staretgic Communications with an emphasis in advertising at the College of Communication and Information, while minoring in both Business with the Leeds School of Business and Creative Writing in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder.  Her involvement on campus includes being chapter President of Branding for Her Campus CU Boulder as well as holding spots in the CU Boulder Photography, Ad and Fashion clubs. Outside of school, Maddy enjoys photography and yoga (she even works at Corepower Yoga!). When she isn't in the yoga studio or finding the best food in town, you can catch her reading a good book or exploring with her friends. 
Sko Buffs!