This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Let’s be real, things have been a bit gloomy recently. From the dreaded mid-semester slumps to unexpected arctic blasts (what the heck, Mother Nature?), we ladies could all use a bit of a pick-me-up. This playlist is specifically for nights when you need a boost of serotonin and, more specifically, need to be reminded of the bad boss babe you are. 

Below are just a few highlights from the playlist:

“Feeling Good” by Michael Buble

Does it get better than the sweeter-than-a-chocolate-covered-strawberry voice that is Michael Buble? This big-band bop is something out of a James Bond film and will transport you inside of the Gatsby-inspired speakeasy we all wanted the 2020s to bring back into style. So put on your red lipstick, let your hair down, and waltz around your room to this classic.

“Earned It” by The Weeknd

The man, the myth, the legend. This iconic The Weeknd song was obviously composed for the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack (a series of quality trashy films if you ask me), but is appropriate for all moments you want to feel like the hottest girl in the room. The moment the staccato strings start, you’re in for a bad-ass, old-money inspired track that gives off stripper vibes in the best way possible.

“Castle” by Halsey

I’m just going to say it: this criminally underrated masterpiece by Halsey deserved to be featured in at least one Game of Thrones scene. But no matter, it’s got a place in our bedrooms for eternity. Listen to this one if you want to feel like Danerys Tygarean (before she goes fire-crazy on us) or Cersei Lannister sitting up on her porch sipping wine. I guarantee you’ll leave this track feeling like the total queen you are. 

“Confident” by Demi Lovato

This song may now be six years old, but does that stop me from playing it on the weekly? Absolutely not. The brass, the massive drums, and that sizzling bass all itch the right part of the brain. How can you not feel like you’re performing at a Superbowl Halftime show after strutting your stuff to this get-down?

“With Myself” by Winona Oak

If you’re not already a fan of this goddess, Winona has a voice reminiscent of Lana Del Rey with the looks of Audrey Hepburn. This lesser-known tune by her is an ethereal lucid dream all about moving on after a breakup that also features barrel-chested basses and a wicked melody that can’t help but fill you with villain-like confidence. 

These are just a few of the high points, but if you want to hear the full and comprehensive Hot Girl Energy playlist, just click here

Go on and live that baddie lifestyle, ladies! Most importantly, make sure you go to bed feeling like a boss. 

Hannah is a freshman at the College of Arts and Sciences. When she's not writing music or reading Jane Austen, she's likely having a Harry Potter movie marathon, hiking up the side of a mountain, or thrifting at Goodwill.
Sko Buffs!