This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

“All The Boys I Know” by T.hanks

Fave lyric: “When I saw him I thought. Of course! When I used to sit by the window, watching the empty road. It was you who I was watching for. And when I used to dream of someone’s lips, and someone’s arms. It was your lips and your arms. I know it sounds foolish. But it’s true.”

“Reptiles” by Close Talker

Fave lyric: “I’m thinking fondly at this time. Seems like a reptile in disguise. There are some things you just can’t hide.”

“Happy If You’re Happy – Extended Version” by Matt and Kim, Skizzy Mars

Fave lyric: “You like the city lights. I like stars at night. If you’re happy in New York, I’ll bring you home. I’ll sleep in museums. While you take all day to see ‘em. Meet in the lobby, and I’ll bring you home.”

“1995” by Blue Dahlia 

Fave lyric: “Born 1995 how long will you survive? It’s a question we all long for the answers to. You left home to try and figure it out.”

“Until I Found You” by Stephen Sanchez

Fave lyric: “I would never fall in love again until I found her. I said I would never fall unless it’s you I fall into. I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her. I found you.”

“Beyond” by Leon Bridges

Fave lyric: “Do you think I’m being foolish if I don’t rush in? I-I-I-I’m scared to death that she might be it. That the love is real, that the shoe might fit. She might just be my everything and beyond (beyond). Space and time in the afterlife. Will she have my kids? Will she be my wife? She might just be my everything and beyond.”

This one made an appearance even though it was also in February because I just couldn’t get enough. 

“Love Is Lame” by CamRoy

Fave lyric: “You got my soul wigglin’ like rib sticks on Christmas, We used to fight a lot but that was ’cause we were so scared, someone else would come and take us. Fall in love like you did, you stupid, you knew this. I still taste your mucus, whеn I kiss a new chick. I wish it was you bitch, oh.”

“Hey Angel” by One Direction

Fave lyric: “Yeah I see you at the bar, at the edge of my bed. Backseat of my car, in the back of my head. I come alive when I hear your voice. It’s a beautiful sound, it’s a beautiful noise.”

“Birthday Cake” by Dylan Conrique 

Fave lyric: “But I think she’d want you to live like the world’s on fire. Want you to love like hearts don’t break. Never look down when you walk the wire”

“Eggshell” by Runnner 

Fave lyric: “Still dreaming in abbreviated emails. Regarding airfare quotes, unrendered thumbnails. It’s 9pm and slipping out ‘I’m still at home.’ Blistered my palm, losing to metal Mario.”

“Feels Like We Only Go Backwards” by Tame Impala

Fave lyric: “I know that you think you sound silly when you call my name. But I hear it inside my head all day. When I realize I’m just holding on to the hope that maybe. Your feelings don’t show.”

“Made Up Story” by Andi 

Fave lyric: “But just for this moment. Let me live in my head. Before ten years go by and you forget.”

“Hate It or Love It” by Cliff

Fave lyric: “Hey, Fuck it! Hate it or love it. I got a couple of these people sayin’ pick up a dub and then try to run with it.”

“She Don’t Like Boys Part 2” by Aryia 

Fave lyric: “She got a fat ass, tiny boobs, she likes guys with tattoos. Iced coffee, hits her vape, never gets a second date. Five-five, hates guys, heart been broke so many times. Alt chick, kinda mean, dresses like it’s halloween.”

“Sorry to Your Next Ex” by Haiden

Fave lyric: “So tell them all the lies or say that I was needy. I never made you laugh once, whatever makes it easy.”

To listen to this playlist on Spotify and experience this past month through my ears, go here.

For February’s songs of the month, go here!

For January’s songs of the month, go here!

Marita is HCCU's president and a senior studying operations management and marketing with a creative technology and design minor. She loves fashion, design and cooking. In her free time, she loves to go on walks and hang out with her bearded dragon, Walter!