white rabbit boutique vintage denim
white rabbit boutique vintage denim
Delaney Bopp
Style

Fashion Trends That Should NOT Come Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The past century has encompassed many trends of fashion statements that were popular and in style. With the 21st century trend of bringing things back, these are some that I believe died for a reason and should stay dead.

The 1930’s Knit Hat

Hats were popular in the 30’s, and while today you can get away with an oversized floppy hat, knit caps are so not the move. 

The 60’s Go Go Boots

Unless you’re dressing up for a decade themed party, these boots need to stay in the past, we have no need for this to make a comeback 

Low Rise Jeans

While some people can pull them off, the majority of the female population can’t and should not be subjected to wearing unflattering jeans because they are in. I’ll stick with my high rise jeans, thanks though. 

I know someday we’ll look back at the fashion from now and find things that should never make a comeback, but for now, lets stick to the good parts of the past and leave some of the others alone. 

Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Sko Buffs!