This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Wondering where to go to celebrate fall? I’ve got some ideas…from farms to farmers markets, to pumpkin patches, to fall-themed events like haunted houses. Free to paid, close to far from campus, I’ve got you covered. 

Farms

Ya Ya Farm and Orchard: Whether it’s visiting the animals on the farm or going out in the fields for the u-pick experiences. Grab apples, apple cider donuts, apple pies, and all things apple at the farm stand and/or bring your own picnic! Admission is free, with a reservation needed for u-pick. Located in Longmont, Colorado it’s the perfect fall destination around campus. 

Sunflower Farm: Also located in Longmont, Colorado this was a birthday party haven for my parents growing up. We visited it again last fall and was pleasantly surprised by how it was still fun for adults! Walk into the orchard and pick apples to feed to the pigs or take home or go feed the other farm animals hay and corn. You can even make s’mores over the fire when it gets cold! 

Farm Trail brochure has more opportunities!

Farmers Market 

Boulder Farmers Market: Now this event is centered right next to campus. For those of you who live around the university, walk down to the Boulder Farmers Market between Pearl Street and the Boulder Creek! It goes through November 21st and on Saturdays from 8:00 am-2:00 pm. 

Isabelle Farm Stand (Lafayette): Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons from 12:30-4:00 PM in Lafayette, CO about 20-25 minutes from campus. Insider tip: get the black bean pupusas! They have treats, fresh produce, and of course, the pupusas. Next time you go out for groceries, stop by Isabelle Farm!

Munson Farm Stand: Located in Boulder, the Munson Farm Stand has a special place in my heart, as it’s my close friend from high school’s family farm. Stop by the stand to get fresh sweet corn to make your favorite corn recipes! 

Pumpkin Patches

Cottonwood Pumpkin Patch: This pumpkin patch has a special place in my heart as it’s where I’ve gone every year with my family since I was a couple of months old. Take pictures in the photo cut-outs, run through the corn maze, or go pick out your pumpkin for that year. With an admission fee of $5, this Lafayette gem is a memorable one.  If you know me you know I suggest that you don’t forget about the ugly pumpkins that don’t get a home!

Munson Farms Pumpkin Patch: Besides the farm stand, check out the pumpkin patch to take your favorite fall pictures and get your pumpkin! 

7th Generation Farm: The entrance fee is only $5 to this Louisville gem! With farm animals to visit and run through the corn maze, this is sure to make your pumpkin patch experience memorable. 

Anderson Farm: This big, exciting, Halloween pumpkin patch is located in Erie, Colorado. With attractions like zombie paintball, wagon ride to pumpkins, gem mining, pumpkin patch, and terror in the corn, it is by far the bucket list item! 

Other Fun Events

Pumpkin nights: This fun fall-themed event is perfect for date night, family night, or friends night! It has different themed rooms with around 3,000 hand-carved pumpkins. And if you’re lucky, you’ll get to have an owl sit on your shoulder (not overrated, I promise)! 

Glow At The Gardens: This Denver Botanical Gardens event is perfect for those wanting scary, but not too scary! It’s $15/person and goes from October 20th-25th this year. Make sure to make your reservation ahead of time and treat yourself to a fun night in Denver! 

I hope by attending one or more of these events, you can have a normal(ish) fall. You can catch me going to anything and everything!

Olivia McKeen

CU Boulder '24

Olivia is a contributing writer for Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a freshman majoring in Marketing and hoping to get a certificate in social responsibility and ethics. In her free time, she enjoys going on adventures, going on hikes, and hanging out with friends and loved ones.
Sko Buffs!