This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hi lovelies! School is back and with Fall quickly approaching, summer trends are starting to fade, and Fall trends are on the rise once again. Today, I’m going to share with you my favorite trends from the summer that can be revitalized and translated into your Fall wardrobe.

Runways all over the country are showcasing 80s inspired fashion in 2018. Although it would be fabulous to walk around in runway-ready attire, I think that friendly versions of the decade’s hottest trends are easier to model.

Plaid

We know that it is hard dressing head-to-toe like Cher from Clueless, so by toning plaid down with basics, you can look like Cher without overdoing it.

Animal Print

Animal prints were also widely worn throughout the 80s, as in 2018. Prints are starting to reappear not just on garments, but also on accessories like shoes and ascotts. These prints add a little something extra to make a casual outfit a more coordinated masterpiece.

Mules

If you’re a Nordstrom super-fan like me, you’ll know that one of the best sellers of the annual Anniversary Sale this year were a pair of BP Mules. Mules have made a comeback with their unique shape and design, which makes them the perfect shoe to go along with fall denim.

Floral

Floral has always made its way into Spring/Summer time fashion, but this year floral takes on a new approach by combining other factors like ruching of fabric to highlight the pattern and the fit. Floral is one of those patterns that looks good all year round, so don’t be afraid to rock a floral dress or blouse this fall!

Transition pieces like these will help with that awkward time in between summer and fall. With 80s fashion trends making a comeback, styles we’ve seen in the past are trendier than ever. Look out for more seasonal, on-trend articles coming soon!

Big thanks to Marie Claire’s article “The Fall ‘18 Fashion Trends You Can Shop Right Now” for the stellar inspiration for this article! Stay tuned for more seasonal, on-trend articles coming soon.

Your girl,

Nikki B.

Nikki Blum

CU Boulder '20

My name is Nikki Blum and I'm a Junior at CU Boulder majoring in Marketing. I'm from Colorado and I love to run, shop, and hang out with friends! When I'm not in school, I run my own company called Nikki B's College Tees where make custom tailgate/game day t-shirts and sell to college students all over the country! My business is my pride and joy and I hope to one day work in a career that combines fashion and entrepreneurship.
Sko Buffs!