Cheering Games Stand_Bleachers
Cheering Games Stand_Bleachers
Yash Tulsiani / Spoon

Everything You Need to Know About the CU vs Nebraska Football Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It is finally that time of year— football season! This Saturday is the Buffaloes’ first home game, and you are in for a treat because we are also playing one of our biggest rivals, the University of Nebraska. This game is something you are not going to want to miss. To prepare, I have come up with a few tips to make Saturday your best football game yet.

Attend the pep rally on Friday

Prepare for CU to take on the Cornhuskers on Friday, Sept. 6 on the UMC’s South Terrace. From 3-6pm, they will be having roasted corn, corn dogs, corn salad, and popcorn!

Wear “classic” Buff gear

Wear you best CU gear which means everything black and gold. The Colorado Football Team tweeted that they are going back to their classic uniform look for Saturday’s game which was a decision made by Head Coach, Mel Tucker. Some outfit ideas could be a black CU crop top and shiny gold pants, or a gold shirt with black leggings. Don’t forget the gold glitter!

Make sure to bring a clear bag

CU’s stadium has a clear bag policy, so make sure if you are planning to bring a purse or a backpack, that it is clear. If you go to the CU Bookstore and buy anything, they will give you a large clear bag that would be perfect to carry your belongings in.

How to get a ticket when you don’t have the sports pass

My freshman year, I did not purchase the CU Sports Pass but I was still easily able to pick and choose what Football games I wanted to attend. StubHub is the best way to get cheap tickets for all CU football games. Once you are into the stadium, you are still able to enter the student section even with that ticket!.

Everything you need to know about tailgates and the game time

There are many tailgates around campus, including Ralphie’s Corral. Behind Duane Physics there will be food, lawn games, and Chip and Ralphie to get fans pumped for the game. Ralphie’s Corral will begin at 10 a.m right before the game starts at 1:30 pm at Folsom Field.

This weekend will be filled with school spirit and you should be apart of it! I hope these tips help to jumpstart the festivities. 

XOXO,

Kelley

Kelley is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus CU Boulder. She is currently a senior majoring in journalism and minoring in sports media. In her free time, she likes to workout at her local CrossFit gym, hang out at coffee shops, and explore the mountains.
Sko Buffs!