Everything I’m Putting on My Amazon Wishlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Money has always burnt a hole in my pocket. As soon as I get my paycheck, I’m inputting my card number on my Aritzia order. In 2022, I made it a goal of mine to be more money-conscious. As a result, my shopping addiction has been put on hold. Still, my Instagram ads, Pinterest scrolling, and window shopping haunt my dreams. With my Amazon Prime Student Membership, I’ve been able to continue shopping even on a tighter budget! With my Amazon Prime Student Account, I have access to all the benefits of Amazon Prime for a fraction of the cost (plus a free six month trial)!

To combat the shopping devil on my shoulder, I’ve started utilizing my Amazon Wishlist to take note of the things that I want and am beginning to save money to go towards these products. Here is my current wish list of everything I can’t afford. 

1. A Film Camera 

This has been at the top of my list for a while now. I always have a disposable camera in use and one ready to replace it when the film runs out. At this point, it would be far more financially conscious to buy my own film camera. However, I am treating this purchase as a reward. Film cameras can be quite expensive and if I’m going to purchase one, I would like it to be worth my money. I am allotting myself a bit more time to save up and do some research to make sure I’m not impulsively buying something that requires more thought. 

2. iPad Pro

I truly believe that as soon as I get an iPad, my life will immediately improve. I currently have an old iPad from middle school that I use to read ebooks and watch movies on planes, but this version is nothing compared to the powers of the new iPad Pros. To be able to use one device for notes, planning, and communicating would make me virtually unstoppable. Maybe it’s just TikTok talking, but I fully subscribe to the power of the Apple Ecosystem.

3. Revlon Blow Dryer

I’ll say it because no one else is — the Dyson Airwrap is overrated. From what I can tell, the curls don’t last and I don’t love the look the curling tool creates. With my shoulder-length bob, I’m far more interested in the Revlon Pro. This round-brush blow-dryer duo would give my hair the perfect volume to be able to style it how I like it.  

4. Short Ugg Booties Dupe

It is winter in Boulder, Colorado and my Crocs are no longer in service. I am in desperate need of comfy shoes to throw on before I leave the house and am on my way to the ski hill. These Classic Mini Boots from Ugg would do the job just fine, but are far too expensive for my budget. Instead, these perfect Amazon dupes may quickly become a top priority for me as the winter gets more intense.  

5. New Sunglasses

I have always loved sunglasses and using them to bring together an entire outfit. Instead of struggling to find statement pieces, it’s much easier to put on your cute little glasses and avoid the process altogether. Even scrolling through the women’s sunglasses section on Amazon shoots my shopping impulse into overdrive. 

6. Leather Pants

Every night I’m out on the town, I’m immediately jealous of the girlies in leather pants. You all know exactly what’s up. The look is so timeless and effortlessly cool. While Aritzia’s faux leather collection re-pioneered the look, these faux leather pants from Amazon are far more affordable and just as cute! 

While the old me may have already ordered this entire list from Amazon in one day, the new me is taking a minute to think a bit more deeply about my purchases. This small list alone would land me in serious credit card debt and fear for my next bank statement. Making a wishlist and doing more intentional research on the products I’m interested in has already improved my relationship with shopping and finances.

I will return to shopping with a more money-conscious mentality and make quality purchases that I’m sure I won’t regret. With the amazing deals and promotions, such as reduced prices and membership fees, offered to me through my Amazon Prime Student Account, I’m sure these items will be in my mailbox soon!

Alia Davis

CU Boulder '23

Alia is the Director of Outreach and a contributing writer at Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a fourth year student majoring in International Affairs and Anthropology. When she isn't writing articles, she can typically be spotted on a run, watching sad films, or re-reading Dune.