This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Thanksgiving is a day filled with family, love and of course food. If you have been mistaken for an adult, here are some easy things to bring to dinner if you have been asked to contribute.

Cranberry Sauce

Instead of serving a can-formed cranberry sauce, wow your family with a super easy go-to cranberry sauce.

Image from Cooking Classy

Ingredients:

1 bag of fresh cranberries

1 cup sugar

1 cup water

Directions:

Boil all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until all the cranberries pop. (about 10 minutes), remove from heat, let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serves about 10

Rolls 

If you’ve been asked to bring rolls, don’t stress. Here’s a neat trick to make it look like your rolls are fresh and homemade.

Image from Pinterest

Directions:

Buy Rhodes Bake n Serve yeast rolls, and directions are on the package. They taste and look as good as homemade.

Corn

This is a pretty staple side at thanksgiving and also super easy.

Image from Pinterest

Ingredients:

2-3 cans of corn

2 tbsp butter

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Heat corn and butter in saucepan until starts to brown (10-12 minutes)

Add salt and pepper, serve.

Pumpkin Pie

The easiest pie to make for thanksgiving is pumpkin, especially if you buy an pre-made crust.

Image from Pinterest

Ingredients:

1 Can Pumpkin Puree

1 Can Sweetened Condensed milk

2 eggs slightly beaten

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp ginger

½ tsp nutmeg

½ tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425

Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl, pour into pie mold

Bake 15 minutes

Reduce heat to 350 and bake 35-40 minutes

Image from Pinterest

Now you are ready to adult at Thanksgiving! Impress your family with these simple yet satisfying dishes!

Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Sko Buffs!