This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Let’s face it, we all love dogs! From their cute little faces, to their wiggly little tails, we here at HCCU really don’t know what we did as humans to deserve these four-legged little pals. If you’re interested in adopting a new pet, or you are just curious to see which dog breed you would most be able to connect with, read this article to find your next best friend!

Aquarius – (January 20 to February 18) – Boxer

Like you, Aquarius, the Boxer is equal parts assertive, equal parts easy going. They’re playful, yet still are quieter than most breeds of dogs. They tend to be ferociously loyal to the humans they love, but can easily snap at ones they don’t. Sound familiar, Aquarius? If you’re thinking of adopting a pupper think of a Boxer for your next best friend!

Pisces – (February 19 – March 20) – Pembroke Welsh Corgi

The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is often considered a “one-person” dog, meaning that these little guys are overall fiercly independent, just like you, Pisces. You’re both adorable and known for your fun side, but can still have some serious mood swings every now and then! When it comes to pups, you are definitely most like the Corgi!

Aries – (March 21 – April 19) – Shiba Inu

The Japanese have three words to describe the Shiba Inu: kaani-i (spirited boldness), ryosei (good nature) and soboku (alertness). Combined, these traits make up the interesting, intelligent and strong-willed temperament of both the Shiba Inu and you, Aries! 

Taurus – (April 20 – May 20) – Basset Hound

The perfect balance of stubbornness and easy-going represents that of the Basset Hound and Taurus to a “T”! You both know how to turn on the energy when need be, but are perfectly capable of just laying by the fireside together at the same time. A basset hound is the perfect pet for anybody born under this star sign!

Gemini – (May 21 – June 20) – German Shepherd

Both you and the German Shepherd have a tendency to be known as “aloof,” my lovely Gemini, but this does not mean that you are coldhearted in the slightest! You and this beautiful breed may be a bit more reserved at the beginning than others, but once you’re comfortable you’re both just about the most ferociously loyal there could be, and when threatened you both are strong and protective of the ones you love.

Cancer – (June 21 – July 22) – Golden Retriever

Considered to be the most loving and loyal breed of them all, the Golden Retriever perfectly encompasses the ideals of Cancer! From your cuddly and affectionate nature, to your tendency to get along with just about everyone, you two are one in the same. You both also value lives of activeness, and are happiest when surrounded by your loved ones. Golden Retrievers are the perfect breed for anybody born under this sign.

Leo – (July 23 – August 22) – Great Dane

Great Danes are considered to be gentle giants, but if the situation calls for it they can be very dominant dogs. You both long to protect those that are near and dear to you, and just as Leo is considered the ‘king of the zodiac’ the very stature of Great Danes represents the nature of mighty Leo in the most perfect of ways!

Virgo – (August 23 – September 22) – Newfoundland

Like Virgos, Newfoundlands, or Newfies as many people call them, are known for their intelligence, loyalty and sweetness. Both the Virgo and Newfie have a reputation for being rather docile beings, but all the while love to play and have fun! A Newfoundland is the perfect dog for any Virgo!

Libra – (September 23 – October 22) – Maltese

Libras are all about balance and harmony, making a Maltese an ideal companion. Maltese are known to be gentle, affectionate and playful dogs that are equal parts energy as they are calm. What better breed for a sign that values evenness than a dog breed that encompasses that entirely?!

Scorpio – (October 23 – November 21) – Pitbull

Arguably the most misunderstood of the zodiac signs, Scorpio’s reputation matches that of Pitbulls entirely. Although many people can find you intimidating, we know deep down the both of you are nothing but big loves. If you want a best friend for life, Scorpio, consider getting a Pitbull, we swear you won’t regret it!

Sagittarius – (November 22 – December 21) – Jack Russell Terrier

Playful, energetic and fun are words that easily describe both Sagittarius’ and Jack Russell Terriers. Life for both of you is an absolute blast and there’s nothing you value more than the joy of the simple things in life. If you’re looking for a friend to go through all your adventures with then consider making a Jack Russell Terrier your next pet, Sagittarius!

Capricorn – (December 22 – January 19) – West Highland Terrier

The West Highland Terrier, or Westie as they are more commonly known, are unapologetically their own dog – just like you are your own woman, Capricorn! You are caring and loyal without being smothering about it as many of the other signs can be. You are playful and energetic but definitely enjoy your relaxation time. Westies and Capricorns are definitely two peas in a pod! 

We hope you found this list valuable! If you or somebody you know are looking to adopt a new best friend please visit the Boulder Humane Society located at 2323 55th St, Boulder, CO 80301 or call them at (303) 442-4030 and they will be happy to help you. Happy puppy adopting, Buffs!

Charly Taylor

CU Boulder '21

Charly Taylor is a Junior at CU Boulder (SKOOO BUFFS!) and is in her first semester writing for Her Campus! As a Los Angeles native, she is a huge connoisseur of sushi, burritos and avocado toast. When she's not hanging out with her friends, she's probably watching FRIENDS, or listening to My Favorite Murder.
Sko Buffs!