This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Created by a dentist for his daughter with chronically bad breath, TheraBreath was introduced to stores in the United States back in 2002. How am I just coming into contact with this miracle elixir? TikTok. The algorithm knows all, and I’m here to put this product to the test. 

As advertised on the label, TheraBreath promises to keep your breath fresh for 24 hours. As an avid coffee drinker and subsequent gum chewer, I knew this product might be the perfect solution for me! I bought my first bottle of TheraBreath just a few weeks ago and began my experiment. Does TheraBreath really work? 

INITIAL REACTION

Blob Brushing Teeth GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I was surprised to find that this mouth rinse was incredibly mild to taste. When I first tried it, I told my roommate that it was like swishing lightly-minted water around my mouth for a minute. In the past, I have used harsher mouth rinses, like Listerine, to try to keep my breath fresh throughout the day. I was doubtful that something this gentle would actually take effect. I followed the instructions carefully, rinsing a capful in my mouth for one minute followed by a second capful in my throat for 30 seconds. I felt clean and fresh but faced my day hesitant to trust this 24-hour long promise. 

TESTING THE PRODUCT

Bubbles GIF by matthewjocelyn - Find & Share on GIPHY

Over the course of the week, I drank coffee as I usually did but found that the taste no longer lingered in the back of my throat. I found myself chewing less and less gum and living my day in a mask, unaware of any smells it was catching in the fabric. As the weeks went on, I got a bit more daring, trying spicy or garlic-y foods in the middle of the day just to test the limits of this rinse. Tried and true, this mouth rinse maintained its promise;my breath felt fresh for the entire day. After using it at night, I find that my morning breath, while still present, is far more tolerable. The product was working its magic! 

FINAL THOUGHTS

Animation Loop GIF by Freda Studio - Find & Share on GIPHY

This product works just as well as its label and TikTok promised it would! I will certainly be purchasing this rinse again (and in a larger bottle!) as well as recommending it to all of my friends. Whether or not you think you need it, this product will change your life in the tiniest way. 

Find TheraBreath on their website, at your local pharmacy, or any local store that sells hygienic products.

Alia Davis

CU Boulder '23

Alia is the Director of Outreach and a contributing writer at Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a fourth year student majoring in International Affairs and Anthropology. When she isn't writing articles, she can typically be spotted on a run, watching sad films, or re-reading Dune.