Christmas Morning, as told by The Grinch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Here we present to you, Christmas morning, as told by The Grinch. Both films are included, the cartoon and the Jim Carrey version, because they’re both brilliant and worthy of all the praise.

When it’s finally time to go downstairs and get the gift giving & receiving started

You try to remember the lyrics to your favorite Christmas songs when someone busts out their holiday playlist, and it doesn’t go well

Gathering around the tree with your family and you imagine it looks like this

Slapping some pet friendly antlers on your dog or cat and they end up like this

Grabbing things out of your stocking like

When one of your family members jumps ahead in the unwrapping of the gifts

When Christmas morning has almost come to an end

But you try to keep it together because Christmas morning will be back in just, like, one more year!

And finally, after all the unwrapping and giving has been completed, you essentially feel a whole lot like this

Oh, but later on, when it’s time to get out of your Christmas jammies and into real clothes

Happy Christmas, Her Campus babes!

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.